ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FEATURED THREADS for 3-22-24

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> What's New at All Sci-Fi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:03 pm    Post subject: FEATURED THREADS for 3-22-24 Reply with quote

If you're not a member of All Sci-Fi, registration is easy. Just use the registration password, which is —

gort

Attention members! If you've forgotten your password, just email me at Brucecook1@yahoo.com.

The only thing I'd change about this movie is the clunky creature suit that was supposed be able to slither through the ship's air ducts.

I know they had to do it the way it was done in 1958, but the creature really needed to look more iike this.

Click on the title below to go to the thread and add a reply.

(This, of course, is how it works for ALL the Featured Threads. Everybody knows that . . . right?) Confused

It! The Terror from Beyond Space (1958) - First Concept
(<— link)

~ A Question for the Members: I dislike pessimistic stories which depict the darker side of mankind.

But perhaps the only sequel to this movie should be one which sticks with the Alien movies it allegedly inspired. Sad

So, should we design a sequel similar to the idea in Alien, in which the "Weapons Division" of Wayland Industries attempts to capture all the surviving Martians we see in this movie and turn them into super-soldiers?

~ Here's what I came up with.: Obviously the answer to this question is yes, since the Alien franchise did that very thing.

But since we're "turning back the clock" and creating an imaginary 1950s sequel, we've got to make it distinctly different from Ridley Scott's later versions.

Therefore, let's do what the Alien movies never did!

The warmonger authorities bring a few dozen of these nasty Martians back to Earth with the idea of turning them in "super soldiers" who could be unleashed on the enemies of our country!

Sound like a great strategy, right? Hell no, of course not! Shocked

The plot twist here is that these creatures prove to be smarter than their captors imagined after they escape from their hi-tech confinement.

The rest of the story is all about the ruthless military men who just want to hunt down and destroy the escaped Martians — and the more rational scientist who realize these terrifying creatures might be intelligent enough to reason with!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> What's New at All Sci-Fi All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: