ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IMDB trivia items from The Outer Limits

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> The Outer Limits (1963 to 1965)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:54 pm    Post subject: IMDB trivia items from The Outer Limits Reply with quote

Here's a sample of the trivia items on IMDB for The Outer Limits.

An example of a television network deliberately killing a popular series by moving it to an inappropriate slot on their schedule. This series was a big hit, especially among younger viewers. For the second season, ABC moved it from Monday nights to 7:30 Saturday. It was not only an inappropriate timeslot for younger viewers, it served as the lead-in for The Lawrence Welk Show (1955).

Note from me: I can't say I was really a big fan of the original series, but the rival series which began in 1995 had quite a few excellent episodes.

The second-season episode The Duplicate Man features the famous Chemosphere House. Designed by architect John Lautner, the house is seen in a few exterior shots but the inside shots were on a set designed to resemble the house's interior.

Note from me: I'm going to have a house just like this when I grow up, and you're all invited over for dinner and a sci-fi movie!

Architects of Fear: When this episode first aired, the alien was deemed too frightening to show by several ABC affiliates. They instead showed a black screen whenever the alien appeared.

Note from me: Although the suit seemed a bit too heavy (especially the head) to move around the way it should have in the episode, the design really is quite good. And creepy. Shocked

Controlled Experiment: Grace Lee Whitney would later appear in Star Trek as Yeoman Janice Rand. Interesting enough the Martians violate Star Trek's prime directive of not interfering with less advanced alien societies, in this case Earth.

Note from me: I've often said that Janice Rand would look much better without that silly "hornets nest wig"! Here's Grace in this Outer Limits episode with a nice hairdo .

Here's a comparison of Grace with-and-without the wig.

And here's Yeoman Janice Rand in the lovely 60s hairdo!

________
Captain Starlight
Solar Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That futuristic house is amazing. It's like where Tarzan's great grandson would live, 100 years after the Burroughs stories.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> The Outer Limits (1963 to 1965) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: