ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dr. Death, Seeker of Souls (1973)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 1970 to 2000
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:58 pm    Post subject: Dr. Death, Seeker of Souls (1973) Reply with quote

The story premise is borderline sci-fi, but well worth consideration. The setting is modern-day Los Angles, where an evil, centuries-old doctor (John Considine) maintains his youth by transferring his soul to a new body whenever his present body gets too old.

And he performs the same service for a select group of patients — at the expense of his other patients, whom the doctor uses as replacement bodies.

Director Eddie Saeta doesn't impart much energy to this novel concept, despite fair production values and an interesting cast which includes Florence Marly (the vampire alien in "Planet of Blood"), Cheryl Miller (TV's "Daktari"), Moe Howard of The 3 Stooges (in his last screen appearance), and Seymour (a Los Angles late show horror movie host).

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:50 am; edited 3 times in total
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Step 1: Watch the trailer to get in the mood for this movie.

Step 2: Watch the movie.

Step 3: Post a reply right here about what you think of this movie.

I should mention that I wrote my post above years ago, based on reviews from several reference books. I've never actually seen it!

So, it might not be accurate, and I'm sure there's much more to be said about this movie. I'm hoping somebody her on All Sci-Fi will say it! Very Happy

______________ Doctor Death (1973) - Trailer

_________ Doctor Death Seeker of Souls (1973)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 1970 to 2000 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: