ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trek Reboots

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Discussions in General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pow
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:03 am    Post subject: Trek Reboots Reply with quote

I am a long time Star Trek fan. From 1966 onwards through all 6 TV series (animated show included) to the films with the original crew & TNG.

Not the JJ Abrams versions.

I've read where Jonathon Frakes & others have ideas for reboots, revivals, sequels, & so forth.

I gotta admit folks: I'm all Trekked out at this point. Much prefer to see fresh, new sf TV shows. Farscape, Space:Above & Beyond were 2 examples of terrific sf series. Neither continued as long as they should have.
And they really should have.

The Battlestar Galactica reboot was stupendous! Until the finale, but that's another story. Point being, I loved it but we did not have a multitude of BG films & shows between the original show & the new version.
So in cases like that, a reboot is great.

However, as much as I loved Trek, I'm ready for original ideas for TV.

Don't get mad at me fellow ST lovers. I am not saying that you should be denied any new ST films or series.
Hey, you want more & that's cool.

I'm just saying I have zero interest.

I was also a huge X-Files fan, but its coming back & again I have no interest. The show ran for 9-seasons & I am grateful for that since we all know we've had a miracle if any sf shows make it past the first season.
Nine seasons is more than enough for me; don't require anymore Scully/Mulder mysteries.

But to all you who love the series, I'm happy for you.
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you're saying, I think, is that Hollywood is too prone to grab the tits of a proven cash cow and milk it 'till it screams for mercy.

Couldn't agree more, but let's be fair. For every series that boneheaded executives cancelled when they shouldn't have, there have been series that were terrific but didn't attract enough viewers to impress the sponsors -- and we need to remember that this is called show business, not show art.

Shows like "The Tomorrow People" and "Alphas" were great, but the bean counting execs couldn't get the Nielsens they needed to keep the shows on the air.

It's always a crap shoot -- and when it comes up snake eyes, heads will roll.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Discussions in General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: