ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Supergirl (CBS 2015 / CW 2016)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi on Television from 2011 to 2020
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gord Green
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Flash and Supergirl will have a musical crossover in the second half of The CW's 2016-2017 fall season. This is something that certain fans have been calling for quite some time, since Grant Gustin and Melissa Benoist both appeared on Glee before becoming superheroes.

Today, a lot of new details have come to light thanks to CBR. We know now that the crossover will go by the title Duet, kicking off on the March 20th edition of Supergirl before concluding in the March 21st episode of The Flash.

CBR confirms that Duet will be directed DC TV regular Dermott Downs, quashing rumours that Joss Whedon would helm the crossover.

Grant Gustin, Jesse L. Martin, Carlos Valdes, Melissa Benoist, Jeremy Jordan, Victor Garber and John Barrowman will all join in with the singing, confirming that crossover will bring in characters from Arrow and Legends Of Tomorrow as well.

David Harewood and Chris Wood will also appear, with "non-singing guest star appearances."

This follows a villainous news update from earlier in the month: the Music Meister will be the one causing trouble for Gustin's Barry Allen and Benoist's Kara Zor-El, TV Line confirmed from a posh press event in the USA.

Based on the Music Master from the comics, the Music Meister made his debut in 2009 in the animated series Batman: The Brave And The Bold. Therein, he was voiced by Neil Patrick Harris and had the ability to hypnotise heroes (and villains, and normal people) through the power of song.

But will the teams behind Supergirl and The Flash manage to get Harris to reprise the role in live action form for the musical crossover episode? Producer Andrew Kreisberg was asked that as the aforementioned swanky event.

"We"re certainly huge fans of [Harris]," Kreisberg revealed, "and as the casting process proceeds, we'll see what happens. We'll bring you more news as it comes to light.

Read more: http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/tv/supergirl-and-the-flash-crossover/42946/supergirl-and-the-flash-musical-crossover-cast-and-director-confirmed#ixzz4WetlrmhG
Eadie
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible that the producers remember Mr. Criss from Glee?

Steve Joyce
Solar Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bud Brewster wrote:

I said it before and I'll say it again!

This show just gets better and better! Very Happy

Supergirl Sneak Peek "Crossfire" Season 2 Episode 5

_________

I agree. Have been delving into the DC TV Shows and Supergirl is #1a to Legends #1 in my book. Like the Mon-El story line. Like Flash lately too. Arrow has been the hardest for me to get into.

Also, howzabout Martian Manhunter in his own show?

Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve, we see eyeball to eyeball on this subject!

Supergirl is the best of the bunch, Legends and Flash are a bit behind it, and Arrow is a show I've sadly abandoned during the current season. It just got too wacky and disjointed for my taste.

I love your idea for a J'onn J'onzz spinoff. He's a mighty cool characters, and he's got a powerful backstory, too.

Good call. Very Happy

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Wed May 17, 2017 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pow
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to see SG take a page out of the Arrow playbook & do flashbacks.

The flashbacks would show us Kara's life on Krypton before its demise. This would offer us looks into her family life, Krypton culture, & events that shaped young Kara.
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice idea!

The quasi-flashbacks we've seen (hallucinations, dreams, etc.) have certainly presented an appealing Krypton, despite being very limited so far. Very Happy

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pow
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watched last night's episode,"Exodus,"which was entertaining but I do have some nitpicks with the writing.

Alex locates the Luthor warehouse holding the aliens as prisoners. So she goes in there on a mission to get her father & save the aliens. All by herself.

Colonel Klink & Sgt. Schultz could have come up with a better strategy.

Alex really thinks she's going to tackle this facility solo?
She has no intell on its security measures, no diagrams on its exact size or layout, no info on how many security people that are in there.

Alex's girlfriend, a police detective, does not offer to go with Alex. Love is conditional in this case. Alex does not even think of bringing along Jimmy "Guardian"Oleson?

And the biggest one is that Alex does not contact Kara.
Gee, Supergirl might just be of some help on this one don't ya think? Throw in Mon-el & you'd have even more power.

J'onn says that he cannot possibly get to the facility in time to help SG prevent the star ship from lifting off.
Really? SG got there in plenty of time from where she was, why can't the Martian Manhunter?

He's as swift as SG in flight.

Ah, it's a cost cutting measure on the FX budget. Got ya.

On the plus side was that the star ship was well done via cgi. The sets on board were also well done, especially the control room.
Gord Green
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

POW, I think you have to suspend a little disbelief and accept a touch of plot driven necessity.

It's like seeing a Silver Age Superman plot come to life and if you just lean back and go for the ride you're far from sorry.
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pow wrote:
Watched last night's episode,"Exodus,"which was entertaining but I do have some nitpicks with the writing.

I'll confess that I wasn't paying close attention to the episode Monday night because I busy posting stuff on some silly message called . . . ummm . . . (oh right, it was this one!) Embarassed

Therefore I missed many of the flaws in the plot you described. But I still have all of season 2 on my DVR, so I'm going to play that episode again and watch for those interesting errors you mentioned.

Even though Gord's advice is absolutely true ("I think you have to suspend a little disbelief and accept a touch of plot driven necessity"), he would agree that flaws in a plot are like pot holes in a road — they disrupt the smooth flow of a well-written story.

And besides, suspending disbelief is a bit different from ignoring illogical plot elements. Good writers work hard to avoid those. Gord knows this, because I've seen fine examples of his own writing, and he's offered invaluable suggestions to help me improve mine! Very Happy

So, I'll offer specific comments on that episode in the near future.

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gord Green
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Telling a story of this nature in the allotted time means you have to make a few assumptions.

First- Alex may very well have had blueprints of the warehouse; She seemed to know her way around.

Second- Better to do it alone without involving others since she was going with only the task of retrieving her father. Batman would have done it alone too.

Third- Supergirl had a head start although I would at that point have wanted MM for backup, even if he arrived late. Alex and Kara were still at odds with each other, so Alex may not have wanted to spend time arguing with her.

Now, a real story problem appeared in last nights FLASH. When Kid Flash was being drawn into the speed force Barry just stood there watching, making NO attempt to save him! That was a real plot killer for me. He should have at least made the attempt!
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gord Green wrote:
Now, a real story problem appeared in last nights FLASH. When Kid Flash was being drawn into the speed force Barry just stood there watching, making NO attempt to save him! That was a real plot killer for me. He should have at least made the attempt!

Yes! That bothered the heck out of ME too!

Obviously The Fastest Man Alive would have the fastest reflexes, so it would have taken him a microsecond to realize what was about to happen. He should have reacted almost instantly.

If the writers wanted Barry not to succeed in saving Wally, they should have engineered the situation to prevent him from doing so — something much better than just a slow reaction time!
Shocked

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Custer
Space Sector Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It must be a problem when designing a Flash episode - most criminals could be scooped up and landed in a cell within a split second, which doesn't make for a very thrilling episode. So our hero has to stop, hands on hips, and tell them how naughty they are being, and not react very quickly when they do something unfriendly.

It's lucky Barry heals so quickly...
Rolling Eyes
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's eight minutes and forty-nine seconds of pure fun for Supergirl fans, a slick video of before-and-after clips (aka them-back-then, them-now) of the cast members from this enjoyable series.

Enjoy! Cool

____________ Supergirl Cast ★ Before And After

Pow
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watched this past Monday's(05/15/'17)episode of SG.

I remain awed at just how excellent & epic that television can now do visual/special FX worthy of a movie.

*SPOILERS*

Always fun to see invading space ships come to earth. Unrealistic but fun.

The Day The Earth Stood Still showed us how it would really be done by a highly advanced race technologically.

They'd flip a switch & neutralize all of our electrical power. We'd be on our knees within weeks.

So seeing ships come into our atmosphere & blasting us with death rays & sending down troops in armor with ray guns is highly, highly unlikely.

But where's the fun in that scenario?

The DEO has an impressive looking energy cannon to fire at the lead ship commanded by Rhea, Mon-El's psychopathic mother.

So after you take out the command vessel, did they expect the 50 other ships to flee! I'm thinking they will converge upon the cannon & destroy it.

The President announces that she is from the planet Durla. Chameleon Boy, who is one of the members of the DC Comic Legion of Superheroes, is a Durlan.

Nice touch.

Cannot wait to see next week's season finale.
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't watched the most recent episode yet, and despite your kind SPOILER alert, I couldn't resist the urge to read your post! It made me eager to watch my DVR of Supergirl in the next few days.

Actually, I think I'll try to talk by long-time friend and "movie buddy", Bulldogtrekker, into waiting until next Monday before we share our DVRs of last Monday's episode and watch them right before the season finale!

Watching the two back-to-back would be awesome!

We often chat on Facebook while watching movies and TV shows together. We have to do it that way, because even though we both live in a state called Carolina, his state is south of mine, and my state is north of his. Sad

Anyway, Pow, thanks for the enticing comments which managed to whet our appetites for the most recent episode. Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi on Television from 2011 to 2020 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 11 of 15

Jump to: