ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Movie Monsters

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi magazines and fanzines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bogmeister
Galactic Fleet Vice Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Movie Monsters Reply with quote

Movie Monsters - a simple title for a simple magazine. I picked this one for a thread because I happen to have all 4 issues (well, until I sold off a couple) Sad . That's right - it lasted only until its 4th issue. I also thought the covers were interesting. This thread can also function as a quiz - can you name the creatures on each cover and what movie they're from?

Creature:__________ Film:___________ Creature:__________ Film:___________

Creature:__________ Film:___________ Creature:__________ Film:___________

The magazine was published in late 1974 to early 1975, over a period of about six months. Each issue had 7 - 8 articles on Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror films, as well as TV. There was some minor controversy right from the 1st issue, which had a somewhat negative article on the Star Trek phenomenon (belittling Trekdom & Trekkies; this was before even the 1st Trek film, remember). The mag received the expected barrage of letters in protest and a follow-up article was in the 4th & final issue, this time more favorable to 'balance the scales.'

The covers were by ...oh, wait. This is a chance for a 2nd quiz. Can anyone name the artists of the above covers?
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bogmeister posted this almost a year ago, and nobody replied to it. I never knew about the magazine, but it has a wonderful similarity to Famous Monsters of Filmland, so I would love to peruse these issues.

I wonder if it's from the same people who gave us these interesting publications?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi magazines and fanzines All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: