ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Agent for H.A.R.M. (1966)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies and Serials from 1950 to 1969
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:27 pm    Post subject: Agent for H.A.R.M. (1966) Reply with quote

Mark Richman stars as secret agent Adam Chance, one of the lesser Bond imitators.

Richman is sent by his chief, Wendell Corey ("Cyborg 2087"), to do battle with villain Martin Koslek, who has developed a spore-firing weapon that injects a bacteria into the body. The bacteria gobbles up the victim from the inside, emerging as a fungus.

Barbara Bouchet provides the obligatory scenery for girl watchers.

The film was originally done as a TV pilot, but it was released theatrically. Director Gerd Oswald was responsible for several "Outer Limits" episodes.

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:17 am; edited 2 times in total
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I'm certainly glad this "movie" doesn't look a bit like a 1960s television series! That would be real bad, wouldn't it?

However, as you can plainly see from the trailer, this is a slick, big budget production, with expensive sets and big name stars like Wendell Corey — who came this close to getting an Oscar for his moving performance in Cyborg 2087!

Admittedly the film does tend to use gratuitous sex a bit too much. Like that scene in the trailer when agent Adam Chance kisses the fully clothed girl in the dimly lit room. Outrageous!

MST3K poked fun at this masterpiece, although I'm sure they couldn't find anything funny to say about such a fine movie. Youtube has the MST3K version. What a stroke of luck! Very Happy

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:45 am; edited 3 times in total
Rick
Space Ranger

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh, go on witcha! It's not that bad...or at least that's what an almost 50-year-old memory tells me.

I saw this at a grindhouse (a genuine grindhouse-- I may have been the only sober, conscious, actually-watching-the-movie person in the place) in Louisville, Kentucky. It was called the Rodeo Theater and I went there regularly for a couple of years to catch up on things I'd missed first-run. It was not just a dump, it was a kinda scary dump. But, hey, where else was I going to see THE HEAD or ATOM AGE VAMPIRE or THE HUMAN DUPLICATORS?

I thought, when I was 16 anyway, that AGENT FOR H.A.R.M. was a decent entry in the I'm Not James Bond or Even Napoleon Solo but I'm a Cool Spy Anyway field.

Mainly though, I'll admit, I was impressed (and that's not nearly a strong enough word) with the nigh-perfect Barbara Bouchet. Burned into my memory is the too-fleeting moment when a particularly lovely part of Ms. Bouchet's anatomy almost fell out of her bikinimy.

I've re-seen part of the movie in the intervening 50 years and it's not really good, but Barbara Bouchet remains one of the greatest special effects any movie has ever had.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies and Serials from 1950 to 1969 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: