ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Teenagers From Outer Space (1959)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies and Serials from 1950 to 1969
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eadie
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:59 pm    Post subject: Teenagers From Outer Space (1959) Reply with quote

This was posted as someone finding a real flying saucer in the Hollywood Hills.

Some people are either gullible, foolish, or extremely stupid. It's a production photo from Teenagers From Outer Space!

orzel-w
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Teenagers From Outer Space (1959) Reply with quote

Eadie wrote:
This was posted a someone finding a real flying saucer in the Hollywood Hills.
Some people are either gullible, foolish or extremely stupid.

Or they just like to see if they can cause something to go viral.

WayneO
-----------
Robert (Butch) Day
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No; it was from several "Government conspiracies" websites. We are not certain which one originated it.
Krel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starring the Hubley Disintegrator: http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=hubley+disintegrator&qpvt=hubley+disintegrator&qpvt=hubley+disintegrator&FORM=IGRE

David.
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: Teenagers From Outer Space (1959) Reply with quote

Eadie wrote:
This was posted as someone finding a real flying saucer in the Hollywood Hills.

Robert (Butch) Day wrote:
No; it was from several "Government conspiracies" websites. We are not certain which one originated it.

How 'bout giving us the links to those "government conspiracies" websites? Maybe we can figure who the dunce is who doesn't know a U.F.O. from a flimsy P.R.O.P.

And if it's a production still, why is it beat up and incomplete? Comparing it to the shot below, the object above looks like it's been sitting out in a junkyard for a few years.

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, this site looks interesting. And I haven't had a date in . . . decades!

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rick
Space Ranger

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I saw this on TV 50 years ago, I thought it was the worst movie ever. But that didn't last long (a few months later I saw SHE FREAK, so there ya go), but over the years I continued to think of it as one of the worst.

Then I finally watched it again a couple of months back and... well, it's still a bad movie. However, there is some small talent visible in the direction by Tom Graeff. The acting is still pretty dreadful. The skeletons (with hanging attachment atop the skulls) are ridiculous. And the lobster...excuse me...the GARGON, which almost made me angry back in '66 now makes me shake my head and giggle. Takes a lot of chutzpah to try to pass off Larry the Lobster as an alien super monster.

But, when you get right down to it, it's just a really bad movie.

Krel

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The saucer Captain was played by King Moody, who played Shtarker in "Get Smart". He also played Ronald McDonald in the 60s, 70s & 80s.

David.
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, THAT explains how the flying saucer could hold all those guys and look so small from the outside!

Wait a second, does that mean the movie for the poster below is a sequel, a remake, a reboot, or a re-imagining? I can never get it straight which is which. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
Gord Green
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This movie also had the famous "killing a dog" scene stolen directly from the original Mars Attacks! bubblegum card series!
Krel

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gord Green wrote:
This movie also had the famous "killing a dog" scene stolen directly from the original Mars Attacks! bubblegum card series!

The movie came out in 1959, the Mars Attacks cards came out in 1962. So who stole from whom?

David.
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those Mars Attacks cards are amazing. I love the brutal imagination they display. But I didn't care much for the movie. It just wasn't as funny as it wanted to be.

And it's mighty interesting that the look and feel of the ruthless "dog killing" scene in Teenagers from Outer Space is so similar to the infamous bubblegum card, three years earlier. Very Happy

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The recent newspaper ads I've found for double features in the 1950s inspired me to go looking for more!

Neither of the films in this double feature are likely to be anybody's favorites, but I guess if a fellow had the right date to take to the drive-in, the evening might end up being quite memorable. Wink

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:03 am; edited 1 time in total
scotpens
Starship Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Teenagers From Outer Space (1959) Reply with quote

Bud Brewster wrote:

And if it's a production still, why is it beat up and incomplete? Comparing it to the shot below, the object above looks like it's been sitting out in a junkyard for a few years.

I'd guess that the second photo was taken some time after production wrapped on Teenagers from Outer Space. Rather than pay the expense of having the thing cut up and hauled away, the filmmakers just left it to rot in situ.
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2022 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many years ago, when the All Sci-Fi version which existed from 2007 to 2014 was in it's prime and the board had over 200 members, we had a regular Friday Live Chat, and about ten members and I watched Teenagers from Outer Space movie together.

Randy Everett was one of the attendees, and he entertained us all with a running string of short posts during the chat in which he provided his recipe for grilled "gargon".

He was, of course, making it all up as he went along, but he delivered the cooking instructions in wonderful detail, spacing out each step during the discussion so that we all had time to get our belly laughs under control before delivering the next message.

I remember barely being able to type during the chat because I was laughing so hard! Laughing

I miss the hell out of good old Randy. He was a true friend who loved to surprise with packages in the mail that contained DVD-R's of movies and TV series I had either mentioning being interested in, or that he just thought I might like.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies and Serials from 1950 to 1969 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: