ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Curse of the Swamp Creature (1966)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies and Serials from 1950 to 1969
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:57 pm    Post subject: Curse of the Swamp Creature (1966) Reply with quote

From producer-director Larry Buchanan, the man who gave us Mars Needs Women" and Zontar - The Thing from Venus, comes this low-budget film about a mad doctor in the Florida Everglades who creates bald-headed "reptile man" with snake-eye pupils and eyes as big as ping pong balls.

The incredible John Agar arrives with a geological expedition and becomes entangled in the doctor's difficulties with the locals.

The doctor's experiments aren't succeeding too well (one experiment turns the doctor's wife into a monster). Also starring Francine York of Space Monster, another AIP-TV production released the previous year.

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:44 pm; edited 3 times in total
scotpens
Starship Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Curse of the Swamp Creature - (1966) Reply with quote

Bud Brewster wrote:

From producer-director Larry Buchanan, the man who gave us Mars Needs Women" and Zontar - The Thing from Venus, comes this low-budget film about a mad doctor in the Florida Everglades who creates bald-headed "reptile man" with snake-eye pupils and eyes as big as ping pong balls.

Actually I believe they were ping-pong balls.
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news! Here's this classic, free of charge, compliments of YouTube and the friendliest message board on the web — All Sci-Fi.

Damn, I good! Cool

_________ Curse of the Swamp Creature (1966)

Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMDB has 8 trivia items for this movie. Imagine my surprise when several of them were actually interesting! Very Happy

Here’s a few of the ones I chose, in the blue text. Very Happy

~ The titular creature doesn't actually show up until the last 6 minutes of the film.

Note from me: In view of what disastrous mess the creature is, I regard this as a blessing.

~ Director Larry Buchanan later went on record saying "Never make a swamp picture. Your film comes back and it's all . . . strange".

Note from me: An impressive statement. Truer words were never said . . . whatever they mean. Rolling Eyes

~ The movie was filmed in Uncertain, Texas where the Fly-N-Fish Lodge and Airport seen in early scenes still exists.

Note from me: Are they certain it was filmed in Uncertain? Can we ever be certain about anything in life? And just what do people do in the Fly-N-Fish Lodge? I'm thinking I'd like to go there and find out . . . but to be honest, I'm uncertain! Shocked

~ The webbed-fingered, hospital gown-clad creature was created using primitive prosthetic make-up and grayish green body paint, and not the infamous cheap and phony-looking scalloped-scaled rubber wetsuit and fiercely-fanged fish head mask with painted ping-pong-ball eyes Buchanan later used in Creature of Destruction and 'It's Alive!'.

Note from me: Well, bless my soul! I'm delighted that they cleared THAT up! I couldn't go to sleep tonight without know this.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies and Serials from 1950 to 1969 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: