ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Everything's Ducky (1961)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies and Serials from 1950 to 1969
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:48 pm    Post subject: Everything's Ducky (1961) Reply with quote

______

This is a pun-laden misfire comedy in the "Francis the Talking Mule" vein, about two sailors (Buddy Hackett and Mickey Rooney) who find a talking duck and end up in orbit with it.

Also starring Jackie Cooper, Jonie Somners, and Elizabeth MacRae. The poster teases us with those lovely girls in short shorts (and I know We Love Short Shorts -- ) but I couldn't find a single picture of Miss Somners or Miss MacRae from the movie that verified the poster's claim that the ladies wear that alluring attire.

Directed by Don Taylor. If you're in the mood for a Hackett\Rooney comedy, you'll get more than your money's worth with It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World, starring eight comedy legends, with cameos by eleven others.

Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMDB has several interesting trivia items for this production. Very Happy

~ During a barroom brawl scene, Mickey Rooney walked off the set because the amateurs hired were out of control; this led to the formation of the Stuntmen's Association.

Note from me: I'm not surprised that a Hollywood veteran and seasoned professional like Rooney would object to unprofessional working conditions! Shocked

~ Buddy and Mickey were always playing practical jokes on each other.

Note from me: Knowing just how incredibly funny Buddy Hackett could be, this doesn't surprise me a bit. Very Happy

~ The principal duck actor was called Herbie, but he had three doubles. Burp Adenoids ("Burp" for short) who hiccupped a lot. Flops was always falling down. And Duster, who's tail never stopped wagging.

Note from me: Wow! Who knew that there were specialized "duck actors" who were used for specific scenes.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies and Serials from 1950 to 1969 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: