ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mistress of the World (1960 Italy/France/West Germany)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies and Serials from 1950 to 1969
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:50 pm    Post subject: Mistress of the World (1960 Italy/France/West Germany) Reply with quote

[Original title: "Herrin Der Welt"]

Drastically shortened version of a two-part, three-hour film by William Dieterle, director of the 1939 classic "The Hunchback of Notre Dame".

A scientist who masters the secret of magnetism and gravity is kidnapped and murdered, leaving his daughter (Martha Hyer of "First Men in the Moon") to avenge his death. Also starring Sabu and Carlos Thompson.

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:51 pm; edited 3 times in total
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't remember what source I used to summarize the plot of this movie in the post above, but the IMDB summary is significantly different.

Professor Johansson has made a huge scientific breakthrough; a device that will create a huge magnetic pulse that knocks out all electricity over a continent-wide area. The military applications are already being thought of when Dr. Johansson is kidnapped by a group of profit-seeking mercenaries. Meanwhile, his daughter, Karin, finds herself having to consort with all manner of shady characters as she searches for her father.

The IMDB members who commented on the movie describe it as a globe-hopping action/spy/adventure which is very entertaining. I've looked everywhere I know of for a download, with no luck. Sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies and Serials from 1950 to 1969 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: