ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Monster and the Girl (1941)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies and Serials from 1900 to 1949
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:38 pm    Post subject: The Monster and the Girl (1941) Reply with quote

Not your typical 1940s horror movie.

A man (Philip Terry) is executed for a crime he didn't commit after his sister is sold into prostitution. A doctor (George Zucco) acquires the dead man's brain and transplants it into a gorilla. The gorilla-man seeks revenge against the men responsible for his sister's fate.

Listen for the voice of Jiminy Cricket Cliff Edwards in a small role. Directed by Stuart Heisler.

I'm not sure that poster sends the right message concerning what this movie is about. This is the first thing I thought of when I saw it. Very Happy

~ The Space Children (1958)

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:04 pm; edited 4 times in total
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:20 pm    Post subject: Re: The Monster and the Girl (1941) Reply with quote

Bud Brewster wrote:
A man (Philip Terry) is executed for a crime he didn't commit after his sister is sold into prostitution.

A doctor (George Zucco) acquires the dead man's brain and transplants it into a gorilla. The gorilla-man seeks revenge against the men responsible for his sister's fate.

Hmmm . . . does that mean this movie could have been called The Monster and the Call Girl? Shocked

Hey, I'm just askin' . . . Wink

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2023 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's what some guy on Wikipedia says this movie is about.

(Hey, see how easy it is to add something new to thread like this? Give it a try, guys. I enjoy doing it. I hope I'm not the only one. Confused)

A small-town church organist named Scot Webster (Philip Terry) attempts to save his sister, Susan (Ellen Drew) from the clutches of big city gangster W. S. Bruhl (Paul Lukas). When one of Bruhl's gang members is double-crossed in Bruhl's rented room, and killed by a gunman, the man tosses him the gun and disappears. Scot is tried and executed. A scientist (George Zucco) salvages his brain and transplants it into a gorilla. Using the strength of his new, bestial body, Webster begins stalking the gangsters to exact his revenge.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies and Serials from 1900 to 1949 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: