ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Around the World Under the Sea (1966)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies and Serials from 1950 to 1969
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still waiting for somebody to express their opinion on the question of which lady shown in my previous post is the most attractive.

Or is a tie? Confused

Gord Green
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've made my vote quite vociferously!

Of course I may be a bit prejudiced as I once dated a young lady who was the spitting image of Barbara Eden with touches of Farrah Fawcett.

Kind of skewed my opinion a bit. Shirley Eaton is certainly lovely, but Barbie brings back many carnal memories!

Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll confess that I had trouble finding a really good photo of Barbara Eden. The one I chose for the earlier post needed a lot of modifications! Shocked

For example, the skin tones in the pictures of the two ladies were surprisingly different. Shirley's nice pink skin made Barbara look anemic by comparison!

Using Paint.net I adjusted the two images until the skin colors were much closer.

And then there was the problem of Miss Eden hair style. In the original photo it was so high that there was more hair and head! What you see in the final version I used is actually a compressed version so that it complimented her face, instead of dominating the composition.

Here's what I start with, along with the finished version..

scotpens
Starship Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ Frankly, I think Barbara's skin tone in the first photo looks natural, and in the second photo it's oversaturated. She looks like she's been running laps around a track!
Gord Green
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to admit the first picture is "just right" , ...Pale alabaster skin that feels like silk and tastes of vanilla and a mane of golden hair with scents of jasmine and exctasy ….Eyes that see into your soul...

But that just puts me in a very different place so I'll just leave it at that.

But you could paint Shirley with gold and she comes up short of Barbie!

Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scotpens wrote:
^^ Frankly, I think Barbara's skin tone in the first photo looks natural, and in the second photo it's oversaturated. She looks like she's been running laps around a track!

Well, you're right, Scot. I guess I tend to overdo the colors in the jpegs I enhance, especially skin tones. I love the rich colors in the classic Technicolor movies from the 1940s, so I pump up the color to get that look.

To me, Barbara looks a bit anemic in the original photo. Her face is the same color as her hair! I figured her make-up alone would have given her cheeks more color than we see in that photo, and her pink blouse looks like it's been washed too often it's begun to fade. Shocked

So, I tried to fix all that. But it's just a matter of taste, I guess, and I certainly respect your preferences.
Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies and Serials from 1950 to 1969 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: