ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dredd (2012)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 2011 to 2020
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Dredd (2012) Reply with quote

SCIFIMOVIEPAGE.COM has a long essay of a planned remake of Judge Dredd, Sylvester Stallions less-than-successful action sci-fi adventure. Check it out.

http://www.scifimoviepage.com/upcoming/previews/judgedredd-remake.html

Update - December 17, 2013: I saw this movie. Or part of it. Couldn't get all the way through it. It was so cruel and bloody I had to skip my next two meals. I'm not overly squeamish, but this movie made Starship Troopers look like Rachel Ray's cooking show.

I don't know how the movie ended, but based on the part I saw I figure all the characters died and their pets ate them during the closing credits.

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:26 pm; edited 5 times in total
Doctor Kaiju
Senior Crewman

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really enjoyed the remake, and think it's far superior to the Stallone film. It's one of my favorite action movies of the year.

It is pretty brutal, but no Hostel or Devil's Rejects in my opinion.

Judge Dredd keeps his helmet on this time, and there are no long-winded speeches. I think it's closer to the source material. It is sadly lacking in ABC warrior robots, though.
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I gave up on this movie too quickly. It was just so gory and brutal that it turned me off. Sad

Anyway, here's the trailer.

_______________ Dredd 3D Official Trailer #1

Krel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doctor Kaiju wrote:
I really enjoyed the remake, and think it's far superior to the Stallone film.

Judge Dredd keeps his helmet on this time,

The original plan in the Stallone film was for him to keep the helmet on, and he wanted to. But the studio reasoned that if they were going to pay Stallone that much money then the audience was gong to see his face!

They were talking about a second film or a TV show on one of the streaming services, but I haven't read anything in a while. Karl Urban would dearly love to do either one, or both.

David.
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2022 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Krel wrote:
The original plan in the Stallone film was for him to keep the helmet on, and he wanted to. But the studio reasoned that if they were going to pay Stallone that much money then the audience was gong to see his face!

I agree with the studio. Stallion's face is fun to watch. His helmet . . . not that much fun. Rolling Eyes

Heck, even Peter Weller in Robocop got to show his face, and he didn't even have a whole head!
Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 2011 to 2020 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: