ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Iron Sky (2012)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 2011 to 2020
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:46 pm    Post subject: Iron Sky (2012) Reply with quote

It is with great regret that I must report that Iron Sky wasn't as good as I'd hoped.

It was not, I'm afraid, worth waiting 2 1/2 years for.

It has been promoted as a comedy -- but it wasn't very funny. It was described as a science fiction movie, but the science was very flawed. It had a great premise -- but it didn't live up to it.

The only thing I liked about it was the FX and the hot Nazi chick.

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:19 pm; edited 4 times in total
larryfoster
Space Ranger

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The return of Nazi's from beneath Antarctica would have been a much better premise, if done seriously - not a stupid comedy.

This site provides all background needed:
http://discaircraft.greyfalcon.us/intro.html

I especially like these portions:

http://discaircraft.greyfalcon.us/
http://greyfalcon.us/restored/Secret%20flying%20discs%20of%20the%20Third%20Reich.htm

Tired of waiting on NASA to adopt Flying Saucer technology! Sick of human political-representative government! I want 1970: COLOSSUS (The Forbin Project) A.I. - as World Control government! Providing flying saucer tech, "For the betterment of man."
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larry! Good to have you back. We haven't heard from you since last November. Very Happy

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
larryfoster
Space Ranger

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Off topic... but had health problems. They may occasionally keep me off again, from time to time.

I would rather discuss: NAZI flying saucers, the Metaphysical VRIL Society, their interstellar Andromeda Machine, and their Antarctica underground base.
Smile
Tired of waiting on NASA to adopt Flying Saucer technology! Sick of human political-representative government! I want 1970: COLOSSUS (The Forbin Project) A.I. - as World Control government! Providing flying saucer tech, "For the betterment of man."
Krel

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

larryfoster wrote:
The return of Nazi's from beneath Antarctica would have been a much better premise, if done seriously - not a stupid comedy.

That is in the sequel, but it looks even more of a comedy, than the original. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKPwtDjzJMI

They showed "Iron Sky" at the 2013 World Con. The only problem was that they used a rear projection screen . . . with a bright light situated directly behind the screen. So it was basically a radio show. Laughing

David.
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it certainly looks imaginative. But a movie that presents non-stop nonsense like a Nazi riding a T-Rex that's trained to give a Heil Hitler salute when the rider digs his spurs into it just doesn't give the audience anything to really care about -- other than whether they'll miss an amusing scene if they run to the rest room.

And when you see that beautiful shot of the hollow Earth, you just sour up inside thinking about how this movie is NOT Tarzan at the Earth's Core.

Can't say I'm looking forward to this one . . .

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:20 pm; edited 3 times in total
Krel

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bud Brewster wrote:
But a movie that presents non-stop nonsense like a Nazi riding a T-Rex that's trained to give a Heil Hitler salute when the rider digs his spurs into it.

Not just a Nazi, but THE Nazi, the Fuhrer himself, ole Adolph Hitler! Laughing

David.
larryfoster
Space Ranger

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the sequel will be even more stupid than the first. Too bad a good sci-fi concept is wasted on humor. If they had started with the info I posted above, and did a serious sci-fi work (beginning at the Antarctica underground base)... they could have created a great movie & TV series franchise. We would have the best 'Center Of The Earth' -meets- 'Star Trek/Battlestar Galactica' -meets- 'Stargate' -meets- 'Ancient Aliens'-meets- 'spooky mysticism' adventure paths... all in one franchise. I find elements (and historic documentation) for all of these in the greyfalcon website.
larryfoster
Space Ranger

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt that anyone is interested, but here is a site offering the Nazi "Flying Saucer Haunebu Model Kit". I previously purchased the "Adamksi Type UFO" from them.

"Flying Saucer Haunebu Model Kit"
http://www.collectiondx.com/news_item/91914/flying_saucer_haunebu_model_kit
Eadie
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. I'm interested. I build models (have been doing it since I was 11). Butch started me on this road.
Randy
Space Ranger

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

larryfoster wrote:
I doubt that anyone is interested, but here is a site offering the Nazi "Flying Saucer Haunebu Model Kit".

Why, that is the same saucer that David Vincent from "The Invaders" saw, "one lost night on a lonely country road, looking for a short cut that he never found".
larryfoster
Space Ranger

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
larryfoster wrote:
I doubt that anyone is interested, but here is a site offering the Nazi "Flying Saucer Haunebu Model Kit".

Why that is the same saucer that David Vincent from "The Invaders" saw, "one lost night on a lonely country road, looking for a short cut that he never found".

They are similar, but "The Invaders" saucer was a bit larger. Its interior was divided into 4 separate dedicated rooms. The Haunebu and the Adamski saucers have only a single flight room. They are not 'interstellar' like The Invaders. But, they are capable of short 'inter-planetary' travels.
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think any intelligent person believes the Nazi's actually created advanced aircraft like this one, but I've always thought it was a great tragedy that Germany assembled such an brilliant team of scientists and then put them to work creating horrible weapons of war.

Will humanity ever stop doing stupid, self-destructive things like that, or are we doomed to continue using our intelligence to kill each other?

Well, at least we can create models.

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:26 am; edited 2 times in total
orzel-w
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bud Brewster wrote:
Will humanity ever stop doing stupid, self-destructive things like that, or are we doomed to continue using our intelligence to kill each other?

Hey, what are you, unAmerican? Anti-capitalism? Think of the people you would be putting out of work!

WayneO
-----------
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably no more than we're killing, so it evens out. To bad we can't just bomb the ones that are unemployed. Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 2011 to 2020 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: