ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Voyage to the Prehistoric Planet (1965)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies and Serials from 1950 to 1969
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:50 pm    Post subject: Voyage to the Prehistoric Planet (1965) Reply with quote

Jimbo Berkey's site -- Free Classic Movies — contains these personal recollections about Voyage to the Prehistoric Planet, along with some nice pictures and a link to watch it or download it!

In August of 1965 I was a thirteen year old with visions of an unlimited future. Our President Kennedy had been killed a couple of years earlier, but his vision to explore outer space was still alive, and a young boy's imagination had no bounds. Anything was possible.

There could be worlds like ours out there in space just waiting for us to find them.

__

On March 18, 1965 the Soviets sent a two man spacecraft into earth orbit and one of the astronauts left the ship for the world's first spacewalk. A week later on March 23 the U.S. sent Gus Grissom and John Young into space in Gemini 3.

Then on June 3, 1965 aboard Gemini 4, astronaut Edward White II performs the first American spacewalk. The whole world was watching this amazing race to conquer outer space.

A little over a month later, on August 1, 1965, Voyage to the Prehistoric Planet hit movie theaters all over America.

__

Of course, in those days my preacher father wouldn't allow me to go to the movies, so I never saw this adventure on the big screen when I was thirteen. But I can still call up that thirteen year old and watch the movie with his eyes, and that is a very fun thing to do on a quiet, rainy afternoon.

__

If you watch this movie with 2012 eyes it is a totally silly view of the future. But with 1965 eyes this is an edge-of-your-seat adventure into unknown worlds, where all things are possible!

So pop your white kernel popcorn and drizzle on plenty of warm melted butter, and don't forget your 1965 mindset when you sit down to watch this vision into the year 2020 and the exploration of Venus.

__

The plot and the special effects are completely ridiculous . . . and yet I enjoyed every second of the movie. In 1965 this was our brave peek into the year 2020, and what might have been our future. Are men from Mars and women from Venus?

__

The last minutes of this adventure in space will at least clear up the Venus part, oh Marsha, Marsha, Marsha!

____Jimbo Berkey

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Sat Aug 27, 2022 2:57 pm; edited 5 times in total
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would you believe this is the best picture of John the robot from this movie I could find? Hopefully somebody can find a few better ones.

It still amazes me that they made two Americanized versions of this Russian movie. WTBS (now TBS) was just a local station in Atlanta back in 1972 when they aired both versions a few days apart, and I thought I was going nuts because of the differences in the films! Shocked

________ Voyage to the Prehistoric Planet - trailer

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Robert (Butch) Day
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you try under the original title Planeta Bur?

At not only Google but Photobucket?

bulldogtrekker
Space Sector Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

like this? Imgur

Last edited by bulldogtrekker on Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shot! Thanks, BDT. Very Happy

I worked on the brightness, contrast, and color a little.

And I found a better version of my original picture, too.
Very Happy

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
orzel-w
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took a shot at it, too.

WayneO
-----------
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2022 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made a quick check of the picture quality of this version of Planeta Bur and I believe it's the best I've ever seen!

Enjoy! (Don't forget to turn on CC.) Cool

_______ Planet Of Storms (1962) - ENG subtitles

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies and Serials from 1950 to 1969 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: