ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Day the Earth Moved (1974 TV movie)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 1970 to 2000
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:37 pm    Post subject: The Day the Earth Moved (1974 TV movie) Reply with quote

Director Robert Michael Lewis crafted this modest yarn about two photographers (Jackie Cooper and Cleavon Little) who discover a way to predict earthquakes by taking high altitude photos with a special film that indicates geological stresses underground.

When they try to warn a small mid-western town about an impending earthquake, the populace is skeptical.

No noteworthy special effects, but the cast includes several familiar faces (Stella Stevens, Beverly Garland, William Windom).

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Sun May 01, 2022 11:50 am; edited 2 times in total
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2022 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember seeing this when it first aired and thinking it was pretty good. I hope I won't be disappointed when I watch it again.

This YouTube copy seems to be from a video tape, but it can't have been recorded in 1974 when the movie first aired, because the first VCRs came out in the late 1970s. So, somebody taped a rerun of it a few years later — probably on Betamax, since the first VHS recorders did a poor job compared to the Betamax.

But the print seems to be a poor 16mm versions (scratches here and there), which TV stations don't use anymore, so that's another clue that this was recorded a few decades ago. Having said all that, it's surprising that the video tape looks as good as it does.

Bottom line: it's watchable, and I've downloaded it. Very Happy

_________ ___ The Day the Earth Moved (1974)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 1970 to 2000 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: