ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hauser's Memory (1970 TV movie)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 1970 to 2000
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 9:54 pm    Post subject: Hauser's Memory (1970 TV movie) Reply with quote

Interesting story based on a novel by Curt Siodmak, the prolific sci-fi author and screenwriter who wrote "Donovan's Brain".

David McCallum ("The Man from U.N.C.L.E") plays a scientist who takes the risk of testing an exotic new medical procedure on himself so that his mentor, a Nobel prize winner, will not take the risk.

McCallum injects himself with a brain fluid containing the memories of a dead German physicist. But McCallum gets more than mere memories, he also acquires the dead man's personality — and an obsessive need to get revenge on the Nazi SS members responsible for persecuting the dead physicist because he didn't support Hitler.

Susan Strasberg plays McCallum's wife, whom he rejects because of his biochemical "possession". Lilli Palmer is the widow of the dead German physicist. Directed by Boris Sagal.

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:14 pm; edited 3 times in total
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMDB has a very different summary of this movie's plot, revealing story elements not mentioned in the review I used above to start this thread. (I don't remember where I got it.)

Sounds like an intriguing story.

A scientist is persuaded by the government to inject himself with the brain fluid of a dying colleague in order to preserve missile-defense secrets. However, he finds that he is now torn between his own wife and that of his dead colleague, who was a Nazi sympathizer.

Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hauser's Memory isn't available on YouTube, but there is an eight minute clip which includes the stylish title work and the opening scene. Frankly, I'm impressed.

But I'll be damned if I can find it anywhere! It's not on YouTube, Netflix, or any source I've checked! I'm beginning to realize that there are probably thousands of movies and TV series that simply are available from any source!

That's sad . . . Shocked

_________________ Hauser's Memory (1970)

Pow
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wikipedia.

The screenplay by Adrian Spies was based upon the 1968 novel of the same name by Curt Siodmak which reworked the central idea of his Donovan's Brain novel from 1943.

The movie was a nominee for the 1971 Hugo Award for Best Dramatic Presentation.

Sidebar: I think I saw this back when it originally aired but I recall nothing about it at all. Well, except for the lovely and talented Susan Strasberg that it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 1970 to 2000 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: