ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Charlie Jade (2005 England)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi on Television from 2001 to 2010
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bogmeister
Galactic Fleet Vice Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Charlie Jade (2005 England) Reply with quote

Charlie Jade is a new series that premiered on the Sci-Fi Channel on a Friday, 6/6/08. Only, it's not, technically, new. It's a British TV series which began in 2005. It involves the concept of parallel worlds, with the main character, a detective, sent to a parallel world due to an explosion. Here's a summary from IMDb:
    Charlie Jade is a rogue private detective in a world dominated by greedy multinational corporations. While on an investigation, Charlie explores a secret desert facility. A massive explosion propels him from his own universe (alphaverse) to a strange parallel universe (betaverse). Soon, Charlie is drawn into a conflict that involves these two universes and one other pacifist universe (gammaverse) with unsuspected terror at its heart.
See also the thread for Quest For Love in the 'Films of 1970-2001' forum, which also explains the concept of parallel universes, parallel Earths, and so forth. I have no idea of the quality of the Charlie Jade series, since I haven't seen it, but I'm a fan of this concept.
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By gum, this series — that I've never heard of — is still on, I think. Here's how Wikipedia describes it.

Charlie Jade is a science fiction television program filmed mainly in Cape Town, South Africa. It stars Jeffrey Pierce in the title role, as a detective from a parallel universe who finds himself trapped in our universe.

Netflix doesn't have it. Odd.

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:34 am; edited 3 times in total
Randy
Space Ranger

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the complete 1st season on Blu-ray. The series is great. If any board members would like a region 1 Blu-ray set, send me a request via PM.

Synopsis:

This is a very imaginative series dealing with parallel universes. There is Alphaverse, slightly further advanced and what our current world could end up being. Betaverse is our current world today, and Gammaverse is what our world could have been.

Charley Jade is a private detective in a world dominated by greedy multinational corporations. While investigating a kidnapping and subsequent murder of a young woman, Charley pursues the murderer into the desert where he discovers a large site where, unknown to anyone, a multinational corporation is conducting experiments in reaching the other two parallel universes. Two terrorists in another universe, wishing to stop the experiment, plant a bomb at their universe's site and the massive explosion rips through all three universes and for a moment the three universes become one. When Charley awakens, he finds himself in a strange universe and unable to return to his home.
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The decision to award this EDCA for the previous post was in no way influenced by All Sci-Fi so-site admin Randy's kind offer to send a Blu-ray set of Charlie Jade episodes to anyone who asked (like for example, me me me! I want 'em! I want 'em!), nor by any of the other generous gifts received by this site admin over the years from the aforementioned co-site admin.

Just wanted to make that clear
. Cool

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:41 pm; edited 5 times in total
Krel

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was watching this on the Sci-Fi channel a few years back, when without warning, they moved the show to 3:00 am! By the time I found out, many episodes had been shown. This wasn't the only show they did that to.

David.
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Through the magic of Youtube, we are fortunate enough to have episodes of this show at our fingertips (assuming your fingertips are on your keyboard and mouse, like mine are.) Very Happy

__Charlie Jade Season 1 Episode 01 The Big Bang

_________

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi on Television from 2001 to 2010 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: