ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

She (1965 England)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies and Serials from 1950 to 1969
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 4:06 pm    Post subject: She (1965 England) Reply with quote

_______

If you're an Ursula Andress fans, this film by director Robert Day is the one to see, a Hammer remake of the classic 1935 She, with the same basic plot but without its predecessor's mystic ability to convince us that we have discovered a lost civilization in an unexplored corner of the world.

The sets are grandiose, the cast is undeniably capable (John Richardson, Peter Cushing, Christopher Lee), and the costumes are elaborate). But it all tends to look like nothing but sets, actors, and costumes instead of High Adventure in a Lost Kingdom.

_

Three years later Hammer released "The Vengeance of She" — which isn't really a sequel and doesn't star Ursula Andress, though it does bring back Ursula's co-star John Richardson, the man whom Ursula thought was her reincarnated lover — but now he's the king of the lost kingdom and he thinks Olinka Berova is the reincarnation of the dead queen!

Confused? Yeah, me too

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only trailer I could find for this film was bloody awful, so I had to settle for a ten-minute clip of "highlights". It demonstrates what I stated above about the movie: if these are the highlights, this film is definitely not on my list of "Must See Movies". Rolling Eyes

_____ Ursula Andress in SHE (1965) - highlights

_________

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies and Serials from 1950 to 1969 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: