ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Click (2006)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 2001 to 2010
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:42 pm    Post subject: Click (2006) Reply with quote

[size=22What starts out as a predictable Adam Sandler comedy about a very odd remote control that grants wishes like Robin Williams in "Aladdin" slowly evolves into "It's a Wonderful Life" and then "Back to the Future" and finally right off into "The Twilight Zone".

This could have turned into one of those sad cases where a movie's reach exceeds its grasp, but the story manages to keep a tight hold on its surprisingly imaginative and ambitious premise right to the unexpected ending.

If you haven't seen it, grab your remote and order it On Demand. Just remember the old saying, "Be careful what you wish for." Very Happy[/size]

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:57 am; edited 3 times in total
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a very effective trailer, because it offers a nice selection of funny moments from the movie and it gives you a sample of what the complex plot is about.

It also reminded me that Adam Sandler's wife in the movie is the lovely Kate Beckinsale — except that I thought it was Evangeline Lilly when I watched the trailer a few minutes ago, the adorable lady from Real Steel and Lost. Luckily I looked it up on IMDB to make sure I wouldn't look dumber than usual on my own message board! Very Happy

If God wanted me to spend eternity having a nervous breakdown as punishment for my sins, he'd just say, "Bud, I'll go easy on you. You can be marooned on a desert island with no internet access . . . but you can share the island with either Kate Beckinsale or Evangeline Lilly. Choose which one."

God can be really mean when He wants to . . . Sad

Custer
Space Sector Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure Evangeline Lilly would have been good in that movie. After all, if she can model something called "a one-piece bikini," she surely has plenty of talent!

Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMDB has 31 trivia items for this movie. Unfortunately only two were really interesting. Mildly. Rolling Eyes

~ The coin trick that Henry Winkler does in the movie is something the actor does in real-life. During public appearances, Winkler will often do the trick for children.

Note from me: What coin trick, you may ask? THIS coin trick, I may answer. Very Happy

_________________ The Fonzie Quarter Trick

~ The little girl at the lakeside during young Michael's flashback is Kate Beckinsale's daughter, Lily Mo Sheen.

Note from me: Interesting. They named their little girl Mo. I'm thinkin' the kid won't tell her friends about that . . . ever.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 2001 to 2010 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: