ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 2011 to 2020
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2022 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Spider-Man 2, the scene with Rosemary Harris being kidnapped by Dr. Octopus and carried up the side of a building while Peter did wild and imaginative things to rescue her was terrific!

In the three Sam Rami Spider-Man movies, Aunt Mae was not only portrayed as she was in the classic Steve Ditko comics, she played an important role in the stories!

So far I haven't seen the lovely Marisa Tomei do anything but put me in the mood to watch my DVD of My Cousin Vinnie — for which she won the Best Supporting Actress Oscar. That said, whose idea was it to miscast the lovely lady as the frail-but-beloved Aunt Mae and then give her nothing to do except look great in a tank top at 53? Confused

~ The Space Children (1958)
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2023 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched this movie again today . . . and I was impressed anew!

I've been binge watching the Marvel movies for the last week, and the only thing wrong with them is that they're all such excellent examples of science fiction they make it a bit hard to feel the same enthusiasm for the 1950s classics I adored when I was younger.

The entire franchise excels in so many way; the concepts, the writing, the direction, the acting, the cinematography, and the special effects — they should all dazzle any true fan of science fiction! Shocked

These movies represent the very thing which All Sci-Fi was created to celebrate!

I wish I'd sent Stan Lee a message before he passed away in 2018, asking him to it give All Sci-Fi a look. I think he would have liked it. Mr. Green

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 2011 to 2020 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: