ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Maggie (2015)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 2011 to 2020
View previous topic :: View next topic  
orzel-w
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:30 pm    Post subject: Maggie (2015) Reply with quote

Maggie is Schwarzenegger's zombie movie. But each new zombie movie has to be different, right? In this case, the transition from human to zombie, rather than transpiring in a matter of seconds or minutes, plays out over a period of weeks. In this regard, the "Necronambulist" (a play on "walking dead") virus is more like dying of cancer, AIDS, or perhaps closer to Alzheimer's. At what point is the victim no longer the person you've known? Is there even someplace that can be called a "point"?

The story is played straight. Schwarzenegger is a farmer and father, with no hint of comic relief or action-heroism. He's simply faced with the unhappy task of which option to choose. In my opinion he carries it off well.

WayneO
-----------
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being no fan of zombie movies, I would have neglected this one, but based on your remarks it sounds like an intelligent movie with quite a lot to occupy the viewers thoughts.

Thanks. Very Happy
Randy
Space Ranger

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Necroambulist virus is causing infections which over a period of 6 to 8 weeks causes a person to "turn" and become a type of zombie. The authorities allow the infected to remain in their homes until near the time that they "turn". They are then sent to isolation centers and given injections which causes a slow and very painful death. This is a terribly sad story of a man, who loves his infected daughter, and promises not to send her away. A very well acted, but also a very depressingly sad story.

I just finished watching this movie.
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to watch this movie, but I guess a story so heavy in sad elements and so devoid of brighter moments tends to rain on my parade.

Guess I'm too much of a Pollyanna.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 2011 to 2020 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: