ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wonder Woman (2017)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 2011 to 2020
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gord Green
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An interesting point is that there has never been a definitive answer as to just who Dianas's father was.

The legend was that she was made of clay and animated through her mother's love for her.

Doing the story in a historical context gives it a bit of gravitas and wonder....much needed in the DC movie universe.

I always thought that they would have Paridise Island turn out to be a lost colony of Kryptonians as revealed in MAN OF STEEL.

Mike Cervello
Planetary Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonder Woman 2017 makes it infinitely clear who Diana’s father is. She found out from her brother. Then, everything made sense of where her powers come from and why she is immortal.

That was carried over into the Justice League movie when she was fighting Stepon Wolf and he bragged he was going to kill her like her sister Amazons, only to discover she can’t be killed because she has the blood of the old gods in her. There was even a promo in the media calling her, the Goddess of the Amazons.
MetroPolly
Space Ranger

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been seeing this often lately on tv, and tho I'm still off superhero movies for the most part, this one works for me. It doesn't drag too much, we get a heroine who has issues but overcomes them, and historical context that doesn't sugarcoat the horrors of war. Bravo.

As for the reveal of the "big bad"... I sorta knew who it was about 10 min after he came on screen. I subscribe to the "red herring" school of villains; it's NEVER the most obvious guy. Besides, if you read any sort of mythology, you know the gods can be very sneaky.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 2011 to 2020 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: