ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Minority Report (2015 tv series)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi on Television from 2011 to 2020
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Custer
Space Sector Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:38 am    Post subject: Minority Report (2015 tv series) Reply with quote

The pilot episode has been floating around the internet. I must say that it doesn't take all that much from the movie of the same name, it just has as one of the main characters a young man who used to be a "pre-cog" before the system was shut down — and now is trying to make his own life, despite a lack of a proper growing-up past.

Since our hero teams up with an under-appreciated but dedicated cop to solve (or prevent) crimes, it looks as if things could settle into a fairly predictable format. It could well be worth watching, though — I liked the glimpse on a tv set of an ad for the 75th season of The Simpsons! Cool
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it seem to be a little like The Mentalist, which had a character named Patrick Jane who could make remarkable deductions from the observation of small clues? Patrick was something of a tortured soul because he was working with the California Bureau of Investigation primarily to promote his own obsession with hunting down a serial killer who had brutally murdered his wife and child.

Because none of the people he worked with understood how his remarkable abilities really worked, he always felt like an outsider, even among his peers.

The similarity (if there is one) would be the way the seasoned police detectives will be relying on tried-and-true crime solving methods, while his pre-cog partner has mental abilities no one but himself can understand.

The Mentalist had good writing and good characters. If Minority Report has those same strengths, it might be pretty good.

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:07 am; edited 3 times in total
Custer
Space Sector Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Mentalist is not a show I've encountered, but the general idea, as a format, seems to be a useful one. It reminds me of iZombie for example, where our zombified heroine, a bit pale, works in the morgue and will snack on the brains of victims, thus getting occasional memory flashbacks of what has happened to them. Her cop pal just thinks she's a bit psychic.

Another of the floating-around pilot episodes, Lucifer, looks like it's adopting the same format, generally, with Lucifer Morningstar himself, taking a break from his Hades-related responsibilities, getting involved with another honest, under-valued police detective, and offering her his insights.
Twisted Evil
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've yet to see any episodes from this short-lived series, and they only made ten, unfortunately. Netflix has it listed, but they don't currently have the DVDs, so all I can do is "save" the title and get it when (and if) they ever do.

I used to be able to download things like this from Putlocker, but that site now includes too many potential viruses, so I had to quit using it. Sad

Guess I'll just have to be patient.

_______Minority Report TV Series - Official Trailer

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Custer
Space Sector Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most "file storage" sites seem full of unexpected pop-ups and other diversions, but I came across someone using New Zealand's own Mega.nz today, and downloads from the links given were speedy and without any problems, so as an experiment, for a limited time here's the first episode of the aforementioned:

https://mega.nz/#!hIA3Qa7I!tQgS2Oyhx6Xt4IOkhay_mIgWIW0K-Sdo50j8rfegY2Y

... does it work okay for you when copied and pasted? The use of exclamation marks etc seems to stop me making it a live clickable link here. The "download" option shows a bar on its page, and only after that reaches 100% does it swiftly become a normal type of download.
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, it no long works, Custer. Sad

Ah, well . . . times have changed, and free (illegal) downloads are a thing of the past. If I'd known what a wonderful (illegal) opportunity I had several years ago to grab hundreds of free (illegal) downloads, I'd have collected a vast library of movies and TV series while I had the chance! Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi on Television from 2011 to 2020 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: