ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Coronet Blue (1965/1967)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> TV Shows in Other Genres
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Krel

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:55 pm    Post subject: Coronet Blue (1965/1967) Reply with quote

"Coronet Blue" was a CBS series that was filmed in 1965, but due to circumstances, wasn't broadcast until the summer of 1967 as a summer series. In the 60's, the networks used to run summer tv series. Sometimes the shows were foreign shows, sometimes failed pilots, sometimes shows that were being tested. sometimes they were just intended to be run during the summer.

"Coronet Blue" is about Michael Alden (Frank Converse), who climbs out of a New York City river with amnesia. He remembers only his name, and the words "Coronet Blue". The Police can find no trace of a background for Michael Alden, but there are people out to kill him. It was a popular show and CBS wanted to film more episodes. Unfortunately due to the delay in broadcasting the show, the star had gotten a new show.

More information, including the secret of Coronet Blue can be read here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coronet_Blue

The show also had a very good theme song by Lenny Welch. The full version can be heard here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zQkneVRwow

David.
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy Mole Hunt, I remember this show, or at least the pilot and the promos -- and that jazzy theme! I thought it was a great idea for a series, I would have watched more of it if the series had continued.

Here's the opening credits.

Pow
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember watching this over the summer of '67 too.

Did they ever establish what his backstory was & solve the mystery of his life?
Krel

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pow wrote:
I remember watching this over the summer of '67 too.

Did they ever establish what his backstory was & solve the mystery of his life?

I'm going to tell the secret of 'Coronet Blue', so stop if you don't want to know.

I'm not sure if this can be considered a spoiler. After all the show was filmed fifty years ago.

The show never developed enough to reveal the secret. But the secret is that Michael Alden is a Soviet Agent assigned to the group, code named Coronet Blue. That is why the Police could find no record of him. The other members of his group tried to kill him because he intended to defect, expose the cell, and their plans.

David.
Pow
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, David.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> TV Shows in Other Genres All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: