ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Star Trek Discovery - new series (CBS All Access 2017)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Star Trek on Television
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robert (Butch) Day
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:49 pm    Post subject: Star Trek Discovery - new series (CBS All Access 2017) Reply with quote

Star Trek is returning to TV in January 2017 with the title STAR TREK: Beyond! Details:

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/new-star-trek-tv-series-to-launch-in-2017-star-trek-4-slated-for-2019-20151102

Last edited by Robert (Butch) Day on Tue May 03, 2016 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great article, Butch, with good news for Trekkers. I sure hope this works out.
Robert (Butch) Day
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's premiering on IMAX!!!

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/73824
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBS president says the broadcast network has nothing to do with the new Star Trek series

Nathalie Caron
Wed, Jan 13, 2016 1:01pm

A short article about what the new Star Trek TV series won't be. If you're too busy to ready it, the gist of the article is: it won't be on TV. More or less.

Robert (Butch) Day wrote:
Star Trek is returning to TV in January 2017 with the title STAR TREK: Beyond!

Actually the article at the link in your post talks about the new movie "Star Trek Beyond", but it doesn't say the series will be called that too. Here's a quote:

"Next summer, "Star Trek: Beyond" will hit the big screen, but the Gene Rodenberry created series is also going back to the venue where it all began."

I've changed the name of this thread to prevent our members from confusing the movie with new series.

Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A skype between Dan Stapleton and Scott Collura about the new show. They seem to know what they're talking about (but then so do I, some of the time . . . Very Happy )

Robert (Butch) Day
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bryan Fuller Co-Creating CBS STAR TREK Stream Series

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/74411

and

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/star-trek-bryan-fuller-showrunner-cbs-hannibal-1201700606/

The press release

Bryan Fuller, who launched his career writing for Star Trek: Deep Space Nine and Star Trek: Voyager, will return to the television franchise as co-creator and executive producer of the new CBS Star Trek series.

As previously announced, the new series, produced by CBS Television Studios, will launch with a special preview broadcast on the CBS Television Network in early 2017. The premiere episode and all subsequent first-run episodes will then be available exclusively in the United States on CBS All Access, the Network's digital subscription video on demand and live streaming service. The new Star Trek series marks the first original series developed for CBS All Access. The next chapter of the Star Trek franchise will also be distributed concurrently for television and multiple platforms around the world by CBS Studios International.

--My very first experience of Star Trek is my oldest brother turning off all the lights in the house and flying his model of a D7 Class Klingon Battle Cruiser through the darkened halls," Fuller said in a statement. "Before seeing a frame of the television series, the Star Trek universe lit my imagination on fire. It is without exaggeration a dream come true to be crafting a brand new iteration of Star Trek with fellow franchise alum Alex Kurtzman and boldly going where no Star Trek series has gone before.

--Bringing Star Trek back to television means returning it to its roots, and for years those roots flourished under Bryan's devoted care, said Kurtzman, who will executive produce the new show along with Fuller. His encyclopedic knowledge of Star Trek canon is surpassed only by his love for Gene Roddenberry's optimistic future, a vision that continues to guide us as we explore strange new worlds.

For the past 50 years, Star Trek has been a groundbreaking franchise that not only changed the landscape of television, but made a significant impact on pop culture, said David Stapf, President, CBS Television Studios. When we began discussions about the series returning to television, we immediately knew that Bryan Fuller would be the ideal person to work alongside Alex Kurtzman to create a fresh and authentic take on this classic and timeless series. Bryan is not only an extremely gifted writer, but a genuine fan of Star Trek. Having someone at the helm with his gravitas who also understands and appreciates the significance of the franchise and the worldwide fan base was essential to us.

Fuller most recently served as executive producer and writer on NBC's Hannibal, based on the characters from the book Red Dragon by Thomas Harris. He got his start writing Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, followed by Star Trek: Voyager, where he worked his way from freelance writer to staff writer to co-producer. Fuller went on to create the critically acclaimed series Dead Like Me and Wonderfalls. Also, he served as writer and co-executive producer on the first season of Heroes, before leaving to create the Emmy Award-winning Pushing Daisies. Fuller is currently executive producing along with partner Michael Green an adaptation of Neil Gaiman's novel American Gods for the STARZ network.

Star Trek will be produced by CBS Television Studios in association with Kurtzman's Secret Hideout. Kurtzman and Fuller will be joined by Heather Kadin as executive producers.
Robert (Butch) Day
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

* BREAKING GOOD NEWS *

Nicholas Meyer Writing CBS New Star Trek Series!

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/74531
Pow
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick's a terrific writer/director,so this new incarnation of ST is fortunate to have him on board.

I was very impressed with an episode of Voyager that was about an experimental prototype star ship called Prometheus.

The vessel was capable of separating into 3 different sections & operating independently of one another.

If I was doing a brand new ST series set in that era I'd have the Prometheus as the featured ship.

Seems like there'd be some nifty story lines where you could have 2 or 3 stories going on as we follow the missions of these different vehicles who could each be on their own missions.
Perhaps the missions would be related,perhaps they are entirely unique to each vessel involved.
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, that would be a terrific idea! Let's hope the show's producers are imaginative enough to do that, or something like it.
Dr Acula
Planetary Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What time period would everybody like to see this be set in? I'd like either classic style continuity, or perhaps a brand new kind of continuity as radical as Next Generation was to classic Trek.
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Enterprise did the best anyone could do at presenting something that was supposed to be believable as a period before TOS --without actually building boxy sets out of plywood and having flimsy plastic props and odd costumes made from red shower curtains.

But we all know it didn't quite work.

We have to cut TOS considerable slack these days in this age of multi-million dollar budgets and prop departments that can build things which use more technology than the secret German labs had back during World War II!

So, my vote for the new series is to set it in about the same period as Voyager and TNG. I love the look of the star ships and the technology, and if the show is set significantly further into the future they'd have to change the look of the sets and the ships to portray the advanced technology somehow. And even though I'm sure it would be spectacular, I think it would just seem disconnected from the familiar Star Trek universe we're hoping to see.

Dr Acula
Planetary Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the look of the original series best but it's probably too dated for most (though Next Gen might be old enough now to seem dated to the people of today). As long as they have more adventure type stories and cool characters, it will be interesting!
Pye-Rate
Starship Co-Pilot

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The proper use of Klingon.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-33479808
bulldogtrekker
Space Sector Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BREAKING: The New Star Trek TV Show Will Be Set Post-Undiscovered Country, Pre-TNG
by Kayla Iacovino , TrekMovie

CBS's new Star Trek television series, which will be aired exclusively on the network's new online streaming platform All Access, is rumored to be set in the time period between the original series film Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country and the television series Star Trek: The Next Generation, BirthMoviesDeath is reporting. What's more: it won't be set in the JJ-verse timeline.

BirthMoviesDeath is reporting that the new Star Trek television series definitely isn't in the JJ reboot-erse.

Quote:
A trusted source has chimed in and told me that it looks like the show will be a seasonal anthology, which means the first season will be set post-Undiscovered Country. After that the entire Star Trek universe is potentially open. So those of you hoping for a post-Dominion War show don't give up hope. That could come some day.

LINK: http://trekmovie.com/2016/04/13/breaking-the-new-star-trek-tv-show-will-be-set-post-undiscovered-country-pre-tng/[/size]

Last edited by bulldogtrekker on Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Robert (Butch) Day
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Series to Shoot in Toronto

http://variety.com/2016/digital/news/star-trek-cbs-series-to-shoot-toronto-1201764544/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Star Trek on Television All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: