ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

end of an era (Mythbusters)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> SCIENCE now, add FICTION later
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MetroPolly
Space Ranger

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:04 pm    Post subject: end of an era (Mythbusters) Reply with quote

I have heard of a loss to all geeks out there. On the Science Channel, it has been officially announced that one of the most popular science shows is fading out.

Mythbusters has been showing for over 10 yrs, and has announced that this next season, starting on Wed. will be its last. Sad

I don't know bout the rest of you, but I'll miss it.
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, indeed, Pam. I'll myth it, too. And anybody who dothent like thith show can just kith my ath! Mad
bulldogtrekker
Space Sector Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mythbusters had a good run; 14 seasons. The Discovery Channel would air the series on various days and times without much notice.
It was much easier to watch the reruns on the Science Channel.
Randy
Space Ranger

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Mythbuster that blinded me with science!
Rocky Jones
Astral Engineer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was big into Mythbusters for the first 5 or 6 years, but eventually I decided I'd learned way more about explosives and ballistics than I ever wanted to and tapered off, only watching when they seemed to be doing something different.

Since discovering their YouTube channel, Tested, though, I still get a bit of a Mythbuster fix with some frequency. In like 5 years Jamie's only showed up on the channel a few times, but Adam Savage seems to do something most every week or so. He says he'll be doing more now that his schedule has been lightened. I'm hoping he'll do a lot more of his "One Day Builds" where he and a flunky usually try to make some interesting prop or model or something in one day. The most memorable were Barbarella's rifle and the maze from The Shining, but they're all worth a look. Do a YT search of "One Day Builds" to find them.

https://www.youtube.com/user/testedcom/videos
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> SCIENCE now, add FICTION later All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: