ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The 100 (2014)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi on Television from 2011 to 2020
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Randy
Space Ranger

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:53 pm    Post subject: The 100 (2014) Reply with quote

The series is set 97 years after a devastating nuclear war wiped out almost all life on Earth. The only known survivors are the residents of twelve space stations in Earth's orbit prior to the war. The space stations banded together to form a single massive station named "The Ark", where about 2,400 people live.

The Ark consists of the space stations previously representing the nations of the UK, USA, Australia, Canada, China, Japan, India, Russia, Venezuela, France, Brazil, and Uganda. Resources are scarce and all crimes no matter their nature or severity are punishable by death ("floating") unless the perpetrator is under 18 years of age. After the Ark's life support systems are found to be critically failing, one hundred juvenile prisoners are declared "expendable" and sent to the surface in a last ditch attempt to determine if Earth is habitable again.

The teens arrive on a beautiful planet they've only seen from space. Confronting the dangers of this rugged new world, they struggle to form a tentative community. However they discover that not all humanity was wiped out. There are people on Earth who survived the war, called "grounders" by the 100, who are not at all friendly.
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, hallelujah!

Netflix has season one of The 100 as streaming videos, and I've set my DVR for the Wednesday 9:00 airings of the current shows. I sorta forgot about this one.

It's catch up time, folks . . . Cool

Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Season 2 of The 100 is available from Netflix and I've put it on my list. I'm looking forward to getting the first disks. Randy tells me the series just gets better and better.

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:32 pm; edited 3 times in total
orzel-w
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bud Brewster wrote:
Randy tells me the series just gets better and better.

From my viewpoint, that seemed about the only direction available.

WayneO
-----------
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2023 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wandered away from this series after I started watching season 2 because it seemed to be gong in a direction that just didn't appeal to me.

Maybe I should take another shot at it. Sometimes I've discover that a movie or show I didn't like initially is much better than I realized.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi on Television from 2011 to 2020 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: