ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trek at 50: The quest for a unifying theory of time travel

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Star Trek on Television
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bulldogtrekker
Space Sector Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:55 pm    Post subject: Trek at 50: The quest for a unifying theory of time travel Reply with quote

Trek at 50: The quest for a unifying theory of time travel in Star Trek ars technica, Xaq Rzetelny

BDT: All I know about time travel I learned from Star Trek

We're at the start of what should be a big year for Star Trek. The franchise will celebrate its 50th anniversary this fall, but 2016 also brings a new movie (Star Trek Beyond), the recovery of long-lost documents belonging to Gene Roddenberry, and the development of (finally!) a new series set to launch in January 2017.

It's no secret that we here at Ars love (and sometimes hate) our Star Trek. With so much time having elapsed since the original series first aired — and with so much time spent watching/reading/thinking through it all — we felt it was about, well, time to thoroughly explore one of our favorite Trek staples: time travel.

Time travel, while perhaps one of the most interesting devices in the series, is also confusing, befuddling, and inconsistent. In the words of Captain Janeway, "the future is the past, the past is the future; it all gives me a headache."

Read more at this link:

Trek at 50: The quest for a unifying theory of time travel in Star Trek]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Star Trek on Television All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: