ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Monster that Challenged the World (1957)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies and Serials from 1950 to 1969
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pow wrote:
Tim Holt tries hard and is pretty good, but the ineffectual efforts to hide his weight problem should have been forgone; he should have played the part as an overweight hero, made a few cracks about it, and the hell with any criticism. A fat hero might have been interesting.

I'm a loyal Tim Holt fan, and I own a box set with about 20 of his Westerns, from the late 1930 to the the early 1950s.

My daughter was about 20 when she watched a Tim Holt movie with me, and she said he was pretty cute. Very Happy

Tim is one of the few cowboy heroes I know who wears his gun belt correctly: up close to his pants belt, with the holster just barely lower than the gun belt on the opposite side.

I hate it when cowboys wear their gun belts angled sharply, with the holster about even with their crotch. Rolling Eyes

Tim's somewhat puffy look in The Monster that Challenged to World seemed to rob him of the boyish charm he exuded in his young days, and that hampered my enjoyment of this movie. In his Westerns, he was always quick and cocky, outsmarting the bad guys in the black hats and gun belts that looked like their about to fall off.

Notice the way Tim wore a two-gun rig. The gun belt is actually on top of the lower edge of his pants belt on both sides. Very cool. :Cool

Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That caterpillar I posted an image of earlier is gorgeous.

But I found several images of sea slugs that are pretty impressive as well. Cool

Imagine a movie that used these designs as alien creatures. That's what they look llke.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies and Serials from 1950 to 1969 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: