ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Iron Man 3 (2013)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 2011 to 2020
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:17 pm    Post subject: Iron Man 3 (2013) Reply with quote

What I did like about Iron Man 3:

Tony Stark reacts like a real person to the trauma that anybody with half a brain would experience after going through the climax in The Avengers. And since Tony Stark is way smarter than anybody else, that means he would be traumatized much more than somebody with half a brain!

Franklly, it's a wonder Tony didn't go stark raving mad. (Sorry. Couldn't resist. Embarassed )

What did I did not like about Iron Man 3:

Tony blew up all the suits at the end. Like . . . what? (Hey, I guess maybe he did go stark raving mad!) Shocked

But why do these movie makers think it's smart to create cool stuff and then destroy it for no good reason — like the Iron Man suits and the USS Enterprise in two different movies? Sad

The How It Should Have Ended video for this movie does a funny bit about this idea.

____________ How Iron Man 3 Should Have Ended

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:49 am; edited 5 times in total
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When in doubt, post the trailer. Enjoy! Very Happy

_______________ Iron Man 3 - Official Trailer

_________

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:49 am; edited 3 times in total
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My respect for this movie has increased after viewing it a second time. Funny how that works, eh? And Tony's new method for having the suit fly to him in pieces is clever!

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:50 am; edited 2 times in total
Gord Green
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:29 pm    Post subject: Spiderman WAS in IRON MAN 2 !! Reply with quote

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/587a9372-de37-3c2a-bb97-96818cf62a58/ss_a-popular-fan-theory-that.html

The INSIDER Summary:

Tom Holland plays Spider-Man in Marvel's movies, including the upcoming "Spider-Man: Homecoming."

He confirmed a popular fan theory that his character first shows up in 2010's "Iron Man 2." It's a scene where a kid almost fights a big robot — before Iron Man swoops in to save him.

Tom Holland — who's playing Peter Parker AKA Spider-Man in Marvel's movies — confirmed a theory that fans have been wondering about for nearly a decade.

As it turns out, Peter Parker was teased back in 2010's "Iron Man 2," way back when the partnership with Sony, which own the rights to use Spider-Man in movies, and Disney, which owns Marvel, was a mere glint in Marvel CEO Ike Perlmutter's eye. ...

There was a scene in the film in which Tony fights off some drones at Stark Expo. At one point, there's a young boy with an Iron Man costume on who's about to meet his maker until the titular hero saves him. That's all there really is to it, but it was enough for fans to start theorizing.

With the expo being held in Queens, it didn't take long for them to jump to the conclusion that this could actually be Peter Parker. There was no evidence to support it, of course, and it was nothing more than wishful thinking. At least, until now that is, as Tom Holland has confirmed that yes, the kid we saw back in the 2010 sequel was indeed a young version of the future Spider-Man.

"I can confirm that as of today. I literally had a conversation with Kevin Feige only 20 minutes ago. Maybe I've just done a big, old spoiler, but it's out there now. It's cool. I like the idea that Peter Parker has been in the universe since the beginning."

Though Holland obviously isn't lying here, it's highly unlikely that the studio intended for that little boy to be Peter Parker back when they made Iron Man 2. What probably happened is that Marvel caught wind of the fan theory and decided to run with it, since it's a fun way to connect the character into the MCU even further. Not to mention that it does make sense, given the current timeline.

Of course, the two heroes will be seen again on the big screen together next week, when Spider-Man: Homecoming swings into theatres on July 7th. Though this time, they'll be spending a lot more time with one another than they did all those years ago.

Source: Screen Crush
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found an 11 minute BTS video.

_____________ Iron Man 3 | Behind the scenes

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMDB has 135 trivia items for this movie. Here’s a few of the ones I found the most interesting, in the blue text. Very Happy

~ This is the first movie in the Iron Man franchise not to be directed by Jon Favreau, who turned down the offer for this movie in order to direct Magic Kingdom. He later admitted that not directing allowed him to have more fun with his character "Happy" Hogan, saying that he was like "a proud grandfather, who doesn't have to change the nappies, but gets to play with the baby."

Note from me: I'm ashamed to admit that until I read the item above I had NO idea that the man who played Happy Hogan was also the skilled director of the other Iron Man movies! Embarassed

~ Robert Downey Jr. pushed to get Gwyneth Paltrow to have some action scenes, and producer Kevin Feige approved: "We are bored by the damsel in distress. But sometimes we need our hero to be desperate enough in fighting for something, other than just his own life. So, there is fun to be had with 'Is Pepper in danger, or is she the savior?' over the course of this movie."

Note from me: I did indeed like the fact that the Miss Paltrow was made a big part of the action. She pulled it off really well. But then, we knew we could do that from this brief scene in an earlier movie. Cool

________________________ Dixie Normous

~ A Super Bowl trailer that promised an "extended look" had Robert Downey Jr. staring at the camera.

Note from me: Ah, I get it! Robert staring at the camera was "an extended look". Laughing

~ The dragon tattoos on Aldrich Killian's (Guy Pearce's) chest are of another Iron Man villain: Fin Fang Foom.

Note from me: Hey, I had the Marvel comic from the pre-superhero days of Marvel which featured the original Jack Kirby story of the same name!

~ Click to see a larger version.

~ Sir Ben Kingsley played The Mandarin, and Robert Redford played Alexander Pierce in Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014). Both were in Sneakers (1992), with Kingsley playing the villain, and Redford the main protagonist. Now, both Academy Award winning actors have been in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Note from me: I have the DVD of Sneakers, an enjoyable movie that didn't do well at the box office — and therefore is dirt cheap ($4.99) on Amazon.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 2011 to 2020 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: