ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (2013)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi on Television from 2011 to 2020
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is, indeed. I wish there were a dozen others as good as this one! Very Happy

bulldogtrekker
Space Sector Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ABC announces premiere dates for 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' and fall line up

Tuesday, September 20 8-10 p.m. Dancing with the Stars Results Show 10-11 p.m. Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Last edited by bulldogtrekker on Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
bulldogtrekker
Space Sector Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chloe Bennet, the star of Marvel's TV show "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.," has no time for people who question her legitimacy as an Asian-American woman.
The actress, who is half Chinese and half white, snapped back at people on social media who criticized Bennet for changing her original surname, Wang.....

LINK:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/marvel-actress-changed-her-chinese-224037696.html
Custer
Space Sector Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Not everyone agrees with Bennet's choice to use a "white-sounding" surname, which also happens to be her Chinese father's first name, claiming that Bennet is taking advantage of her privilege as a woman who can pass as a white actress. Some people argued that Bennet should fight against the systematic oppression of minorities in Hollywood, instead of conforming her name to fit within the dominant culture's standards.

It all sounds very complicated... but then, it would have been a bit confusing to have a brown-haired American woman with not a hint of the oriental about her, with a Chinese surname. Nice that she took her father's first name as a substitute for his last name.

Going back a post, I doubt that the character on the left, Grant Ward, will make an appearance this year... but then, one might have assumed that about year four!

Wikipedia currently still thinks that season five won't start its 22-episode season until all 8 episodes of "The Inhumans" have aired, with those starting on September 29th... and Wikipedia also notes that "In May 2017, ahead of the fifth season renewal, Jed Whedon said the writers were not sure what would happen in the season, and that it would be 'by the seat of our pants.'"
bulldogtrekker
Space Sector Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why Disney Saved Agents of SHIELD From Being Cancelled
Screenrant

Yesterday, word broke that Disney stepped in to save Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. from being canceled. With each season of the show, fans and the industry have wondered if the flagship Marvel show would survive. It's long suffered from low ratings, despite an uptick in critical attention as the show has moved toward crafting more consistent stories. Still, each season renewal by ABC has been met with both a sigh of relief and a scratching of the head by fans.

Given that, it's not surprising to hear that ABC wanted to give the series the axe after its fourth season. Why then, would Disney come down from on high and save a show the film side of things has blatantly ignored for the past four years?

The most obvious answer to the question is the one fans have used for years when theorizing why SHIELD has been continually renewed: stability. The show isn't a massive runaway hit,??but it does have a substantial audience, especially once streaming numbers are factored in. Add to that the show's dedicated fan base and social media following, and it's not hard to see why ABC and Disney might want the series to stick around......

Extra: This season on SHIELD, the action is heading to space.

For full story, click on link:
http://screenrant.com/agents-shield-disney-saved-renewed-cancelled/
Custer
Space Sector Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "heading to space" thing is no surprise, after the final scene of last season's finale. If SHIELD did get cancelled, it would certainly make the Marvel TV scene look a bit thin, so I'm glad our favourite characters are sticking around. It will be interesting to see how the Inhumans from the show fit in with that new series...
Custer
Space Sector Commander

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stability, yes - and consistency. I'd certainly miss the series if it vanished. Wikipedia tells us that the new season isn't far away now:

Quote:
A fifth season of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is scheduled to premiere on December 1, 2017. After starting the first season with high ratings but mixed reviews, the ratings began to drop while reviews improved. This led to much lower but more consistent ratings, as well as more consistently positive reviews in the subsequent seasons.
bulldogtrekker
Space Sector Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watch the First Seventeen Minutes of the Agents of SHIELD Season Five Premiere
Julie Muncy,I09

On social media channels, Marvel has spent part of the day teasing something special for Agents of SHIELD.....

Click here for YouTube video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1060&v=NDBwsMIXlMk

Click here for full story:
https://io9.gizmodo.com/watch-the-first-seventeen-minutes-of-the-agents-of-shie-1820738366
bulldogtrekker
Space Sector Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marvel's Agents of Shield season 5 Premiered Tonight.....

.....and it looks good, at least after I turned the brightness up on the TV.
Rolling Eyes
I am not sure I like the new time slot on Fridays.

Gord Green
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At last we get to see SHIELD in battle against the Kree!
Not as fast paced as Guardians, but still a dark gritty look at what potentially is a precursor to INFINITY WAR.
Pow
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sight of Earth as a devastated planet was powerful & sad.
Custer
Space Sector Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And now we have reached the hundredth episode, with a special celebration, and the return of Deathlok... there are a number of great little YouTube videos with cast and crew naming their "Top Ten" guest stars, gizmos, and lots more. The team is still stuck in their time loop, even if they are back in the present day... and maybe Daisy isn't the cause of the planet being destroyed...

__________________ A Look Back and Recap

And there's a nice revelation right at the end about the slightly dodgy character that came back from the future with them! Wink

Last edited by Custer on Fri May 11, 2018 7:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it sounds crazy, but I lost interest in this series around the time they blew up that big gorgeous jet the agents flew around in.

I know that sounds unreasonable, but it's all connected to the fact that I love TOS, TNG, Voyager, and Enterprise — the Star Trek series that allowed the characters to zip around the galaxy and have adventures in new place every week.

But I've never cared much for DS9, because most of the series takes place in the space station, with occasional jaunts to other locations in various starships (none of which appealed to me very much), just for a little variety.

It just wasn't the same. Sad

What I love is the way the three Enterprise starships and the Voyager are beloved vessels which the characters consider their homes, and they work like hell to maintain and repair them because of their devotion to these magnificent machines!

The big jet in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. was also a magnificent machine which served as both a home and a magic carpet, making the world outside a changing vista which kept their lives interesting and exciting.

When the producers of this series decided to blow up the jet and restrict the characters to a drab, stationary location, it sucked the life out the show and left me completely disinterested.

But hey . . . that's just me, I guess. Rolling Eyes

Custer
Space Sector Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we have seen relatively capacious SHIELD jets being flown around in, with or without stealth, recently... but probably not as big as the one they used to just about live in. It will be interesting to see if the season's conclusion does bring the whole saga to an end; after all, Coulson is apparently dying, and has said that being brought back from the dead once is quite enough. Ah, Tahiti was a magical place... but the final episode of the fifth season, due to air next week, is called "The End."
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I've seen some of the wonderful aircraft this series has presented, but of course none of them served as a supersonic home, a science lab, and a headquarters — like the great ships in the Star Trek series.

I hated the fact that in The Search for Spock they blew up the Enterprise! And it wasn't replaced until the very end of the next film, The Voyage Home (aka "Save the Whales to Save the Earth").

Bulldogtrekker, the most devoted Star Trek fan I've every known, had a life-changing experience the first time he saw the scene from from ST: TMP in which Kirk cruised around the refitted Enterprise and gazed at it lovingly while Jerry Goldsmith gave us a piece of music that enhanced that feeling with every note.

________ Star Trek The Motion Picture Enterprise

THAT'S the kind devotion I can easily develop towards a truly wonderful aircraft or starship when they're glorified by the right kind of stories.

Here's the reason I get so pumped about these machines. The artist in me loves the beautiful designs, the science enthusiast in me loves the brilliant engineering, and the science fiction fan in me loves the promise of future advancements that might someday make these fictional vehicles a reality.

Heck, I went crazy over the Lincoln Futura when it appeared in the 1959 romantic comedy called It Started With a Kiss. (And I hated the fact that it was converted into the Batmobile six years later!)

I bought the Revell model and painted it red like the car in the movie.

The picture below is the model, not the actual Futura, but it certainly displays the amazing design of this futuristic car. Cool

For a 360° view of the model (along with clips from the movie), enjoy this video. Youtube also has a fair copy of the full movie if you want to see Debbie Reynolds and the Lincoln Futura, both struttin' their stuff! Wink

__________________ Revell 1955 Futura redo

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:18 am; edited 2 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi on Television from 2011 to 2020 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: