ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Angry Red Planet (1959)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies and Serials from 1950 to 1969
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gord Green
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bud, I think you're wrong about that sequel!

It should be . . . The original crew goes back to Mars and that giant Martian agrees to speak to only one of the crew.

After lots are drawn the character played by hot red head Nora Hayden is chosen to go to the Martian city and deal with the problem.

The movie ends with Nora and the Martian laying on the desert sands smoking cigarettes. Nora says . . .
"Once you go red . . . You'll raise the dead!" and . . . "I gotta write another book!"

They roll over in embrace . . . Fade to black!

Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pow wrote:
So here's the deal: if you can suspend all wars on your planet for just one month — we sincerely doubt you could go any longer — we'll come over for a visit. Maybe even share some of our phenomenal technology with you.

We are confident you will fail — spectacularly.

Here that sounds a little like the alien's challenge in The 27th Day! Very Happy

We're given a month to show we can resist the urge to wage war, and it we succeed we'll get a huge reward. Bravo, Pow!

Gord wrote:
The movie ends with Nora and the Martian laying on the desert sands smoking cigarettes. Nora says . . .

"Once you go red . . . You'll raise the dead!" and . . . "I gotta write another book!"

They roll over in embrace . . . Fade to black!

That works for me! Cool
Pow
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dag nab it Bud, you're right. My brilliant idea---or so I thought---came from that gem of a movie The 27th Day!

So sorry, I thought it came from my imagination.

Seems like we're overdue for a remake of that film.
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hold on, Pow!

I just meant that your idea reminded me of that premise in some ways . . . I didn't mean it was borrowed from it! Shocked

You're concept it entirely original, and it differs from The 27th Day significantly. For example, the aliens in The 27th Day wanted us to be wiped out by their weapon so they could take over Earth.

But the Martians in this movie expected us to devastate the planet. However, they had no desire to occupy what was left! Shocked

Your imaginative premise suggests a great sequel in which mankind either does-or-does-not destroy ourselves and the Earth — after which the Martians move in and either do-or-do-not intervene for the benefit of mankind! Confused

Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a way, Angry Red Planet is very much like my idea for The Four Worlds of the Solar System (<— link / located about halfway down the page at that link), which describes how several advanced races in the Solar System hide their existence from mankind because we're dangerously hostile.

In Angry Red Planet, the Martians let us land on Mars and get within visual range of a city, but they then send us the warning to never land there again!

I love the design of this city! Cool

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I truly regret having been completely unaware of The Angry Red Planet when it was first released. I read about it in Famous Monsters of Filmland, but it was just one of the many movies I missed seeing when it first came out. Sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies and Serials from 1950 to 1969 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: