ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Warcraft: The Beginning (2016)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Movies in Other Genres
View previous topic :: View next topic  
orzel-w
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:24 pm    Post subject: Warcraft: The Beginning (2016) Reply with quote

I watched this on DVD a couple nights ago. I'm not a gamer, so I had no expectations or preconceived notions of what it was all about (like having "read the book" before seeing the movie). But I must say that I was completely drawn in by the quality of the CGI.

The subtlety of expression and movement of the CGI characters was a beauty to behold. There were scores of "Orcs" onscreen at once in many of the scenes. The action was too fast for careful scrutiny (and I didn't want to keep pausing for a count), but offhand I don't think any two Orcs looked alike, either in physical appearance or costume. It was a pleasure to watch and just drink it in.

Here are a few samples...

WayneO
-----------
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wayne, I'm deeply ashamed of the fact that I somehow overlooked your great post on All Sci-Fi . . . for the last seven years! Shocked

Add to this is the fact that it's an exceptionally fine post. It's well written and beautifully enhanced by beautiful images!

I tried to find a download of the movie I could share on this thread and add it to the movies on my computer . . . but I failed to do so. Sad

However, here's the trailer.

___ Warcraft: The Beginning – Official Movie Trailer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Movies in Other Genres All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: