ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Animated Short Film: A Fox Tale Short Film HD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Independent Films
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:52 pm    Post subject: Animated Short Film: A Fox Tale Short Film HD Reply with quote

Okay, so this is not science fiction, but the stunning artwork in this seven minute French 3D animation is so otherworldly that I just had to share it.

The story is set in ancient China, so I was surprised to learn from IMDB that the film was made in France.

Amusez-vous, mes amis! Very Happy

______ CGI Animated Short Film HD: "A Fox Tale"

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Custer
Space Sector Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent! While the style is very different, I'm afraid I was a little bit reminded of the fun "Kung Fu Panda" movies. And that was certainly one Foxy Lady... Wink

-------------------------------------------
Looking at your current signature, Bud, it looks as if you are enjoying the return, for a shorter twelfth and final season, of "Bones" on the TV. What a relief that a character from earlier seasons has been proved to not be a serial killer!
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I really enjoy the show — although Emily Deschanel's whiny, sing-song voice is remarkably annoying, and it's gotten more pronounced each season. I watched the pilot episode yesterday after I read online that she didn't do it in the early seasons.

The person who wrote that was right. Emily doesn't do it at all in season 1 episode 1. As a result she seems much smarter and much less pompous and annoying.

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Custer
Space Sector Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a box set of the first eight seasons, which promises "extended episodes," so I must check the voice thing out, preferably after season twelve has finished.

One thing slightly strange in such a (forensic) science based show is that it believes in ghosts, with things happening which can't be explained any other way... though I've not noticed any of that lately.
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in the middle of season 1 (again) and Emily is NOT doing the whiny, single-song voice yet. But she is beginning to show the odd ignorance of cultural icons and extremely common phrases which a genius writer of best-selling fiction would be very familiar! Shocked

In one episode she didn't know that the phrase "it's like riding a bike" meant something you learn and never forget! She suddenly started talking like Data in TNG, asking what bicycle riding had to do with current situation. It was a ridiculous reaction on the character's part.

And anytime someone makes a broad references to Star Wars of any kind, like mentioning C3PO and R2D2, she says "I don't know what that means."

I refuse to believe that a best-selling author of crime dramas could be completely ignorant or cultural references that are so well known to any bozo on the street!

The writers mistakenly wanted Temperance Brennan to be a genius in her field, and yet alarmingly clueless when it comes to things that anybody with average intelligence and a basic knowledge of American culture would know!

Its clumsy humor at the expense of a realistic character.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Independent Films All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: