ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Max Steel (2016)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 2011 to 2020
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:32 pm    Post subject: Max Steel (2016) Reply with quote

From IMDB:

"The adventures of teenager Max McGrath and his alien companion, Steel, who must harness and combine their tremendous new powers to evolve into the turbo-charged superhero Max Steel."

The trailer presents a movie that's action packed, FX rich, highly imaginative, and apparently a skilled blend of comedy and drama. However, the critics hated it, and it didn't even earn back it's budget. Sad

And yet I sometimes find myself loving underdog movies and wondering why so few people agree with me.

Oh Lord, PLEASE let this one be good! Amen. Shocked

______________________ Max Steel - trailer

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched this movie from a Netflix DVD and I was very impressed with the first 30 minutes.

Then the story seemed to wander around and loose its focus. The likable and wisecracking little alien-robot was absent for a long period in the middle of the movie, the interesting premise became seriously muddled, and the story didn't live up to what it promised initially.

Admittedly, things get pretty interesting by the 1:10 mark in this 1:32 long film, but the action-packed slug-fest between the super-powered bad guy (whom we don't quit understand) and the hero (whose true nature we don't fully comprehend either) looks way too much like a bunch of special effects and acrobatics for their own sake — instead of a clever science fiction concept with a satisfying "pay back" we yearned for, long before we got it.

I really wanted t like this movie. Sadly, I was disappointed.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 2011 to 2020 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: