ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Time Trax (1993 - 1994)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi on Television from 1970 to 2000
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:47 pm    Post subject: Time Trax (1993 - 1994) Reply with quote

I may have watched a few episodes of this, but I don't have clear memories of it. But it has an interesting premise. Here's what Wikipedia says about it.

Time Trax is an American/Australian co-produced science fiction television series that first aired in 1993. A police officer, sent through time into the past, has to track down and return convicted criminals who have escaped prison in the future.

In the year 2193, over a hundred criminals become fugitives of law enforcement by traveling back in time two hundred years, using a time machine called Trax.

Darien Lambert (Dale Midkiff) is a police detective of that period who is sent back to 1993 in order to apprehend as many of the fugitives as possible.

He is assisted by the Specified Encapsulated Limitless Memory Archive, or SELMA (Elizabeth Alexander), an extremely small but very powerful computer (described as equivalent to a mainframe) disguised for the mission as a credit card. He communicates with it through a holographic interface which takes the visual form of a prim young woman.

The opening credits make the show look pretty good!

_______ Time Trax - Opening Credits (Season 1)

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMDB has 6 trivia items for this movie. Here’s a few of the ones I found the most interesting, in the blue text. Very Happy

~ The patch on the back of Lambert's A-2 jacket is the Flying Tigers blood chit. These patches were issued to US pilots flying in China during WWII so they could be returned safely by Chinese people (most of whom didn't speak English) to US air bases in China, thus saving many lives.

Note from me: Truth is stranger than fiction. Sometimes it's even nstranger than science fiction! Shocked

~ The last series to premiere under the Lorimar Productions name.

Note from me: Ah yes . . . how well we all remember those Lorimar logos at the end of so many great series.

~ Time Trax was one of the first shows broadcast by a new network, UPN.

Note from me: UPN seemed destined to thrive after it's launch in January 16, 1995, but it was closed down in January 24, 2006. Sad

We live in a very uncertain world . . . .

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi on Television from 1970 to 2000 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: