ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pitch Black (2000)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 1970 to 2000
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen the sequel to this movie, The Chronicles of Riddick (2004) (Randy Everett sent me a DVD-R) and I enjoyed it, so I need to see this one too.

I know the movie is pretty grim, but it's packed with action and interesting character — some of whom are good guys and some not so good.

It sounds a little like The Thing, but with lots more aliens, and no snow, and it isn't on Earth, and the creatures don't disguise themselves as humans.

Okay, so it's NOT like The Thing . . . Rolling Eyes

_____________________ Pitch Black - trailer

Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMDB has several interesting trivia items for this production. Very Happy

~ Vin Diesel said that while shooting the scenes where his character was in a suspended animation chamber, he had a claustrophobia attack and had to be taken out of the chamber.

Note from me: In the days of my youth I went cave exploring in Alabama and Tennessee with several friends.

Never once did I feel the slightest bit of claustrophobia, even when we were crawling on our bellies through tiny tunnels with ceilings less than a foot above our backs.

And yet, in January of 2019 I was in a hospital with a severe infection in the middle toe of my right foot. The doctors put me into an MIR machine to scan the bone and determine if the toe would have to be amputated. Shocked

It was supposed to take about ten minutes . . . but my leg kept twitching, spoiling the image! I ended up having to lie inside that enclosed tube for a full hour — with ear protectors partially blocking the loud noise of the magnet!

It was extremely unpleasant . . . Sad

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Krel

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like this movie, and the funny thing is that Riddick isn't even the main character. The Director said that he was a middle ground character. They had no idea that Riddick would be such a breakout character.

David.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 1970 to 2000 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: