ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kim Jong Un has a brilliant plan . . . dammit!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Off-Topic Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:20 pm    Post subject: Kim Jong Un has a brilliant plan . . . dammit! Reply with quote

This comes under the heading of "Bud Brewster's motto".

Think Like a Writer!

Having said that, today I realized just what Kim Jong Un's long range plans really are. That fat little tyrant doesn't really want to nuke America or any other nation on Earth. What he really wants to do is . . . conquor South Korea and be the absolute ruler or his entire little peninsula!

And what is stopping him from doing that? The answer is easy. Its the American military bases in South Korea — such as the one in Kunsan, which I served at for 13 months from 1968 to 1970 as an Air Force Security Policeman.

If Kim Jong Un could find a way to force the U.S. to remove their military bases from South Korea, he could easily invade the country without having to destroy a major portion of it.

But convincing the U.S. to vacate all those bases would seem to be an impossible task! What would North Korea have to do to persuade the U.S. to abandon it's military basis in South Korea?

The answer is easy to that, too — he needed to threaten to nuke Hawaii and the west coast of America! And he's been doing that for months! In fact, he's convinced the world that he's close to being capable of doing exactly that!

Ironically, while I was writing this post, CNN reported that Kim Jong Un's ultimate goal is the reunification of Korea under his absolute rule. But what they haven't said yet is that if Kim Jong Un completes his develop of long-range missiles, armed with nuclear weapons, he might frighten America so much that we'll agree to abandon our ally — South Korea — to prevent being nuked by that crazy little bastard!

So, that's my prediction. Trump will either cave in and pull our troops out of South Korea, allowing North Korea to conquor South Korea, or he'll demonstrate his own crazy egotistical nature and order an attack on North Korea!

Either way, we're screwed.

Meanwhile Trump refuses to order the Justice Department to use the millions of dollars Congress allocated to counter the Russian's efforts to influence our elections.

Why? I think he hopes they'll help him get re-elected! Like . . . duh! Shocked

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was hoping a few of our members would get excited by my theory about Kim Jong Un’s amazing plan to invade South Korea. Perhaps a bit more elaboration on my part will stimulate discussion. Very Happy

After listening to the news this morning, I’m more convinced than ever that Kim Jong Un developed his nuclear program for the express purpose of giving himself a powerful bargaining chip which would guarantee he’ll get exactly what he wants when he finally sits down to talk with President Trump.

Consider what Kim has done.

He’s tested nuclear weapons repeatedly and bragged about how he will eventually launch them at the U.S. He’s also tested dozens of long-range missiles, many of which have soared right over Japan for the express purpose of frightening the world into becoming desperate to remove the threat Kim poses. He’s bragged about how he would reduce America to ashes.

His own people have proudly stated in CNN interviews that they believe he’ll eventually do exactly that!

And it’s no empty threat, either.

Experts say that he’s close to having the technology to actually strike at the West Coast — and there’s also reason to believe that Russia is giving him technological assistance! That certainly shouldn’t be a surprise for Americans who understand that Russia is still our mortal enemy, and helping North Korea do their dirty work is yet another brilliant plot against the the United States

So, if President Trump is as smart as he thinks he is, he’ll realize that the only sane option is to accept Kim’s demands to remove American troops from South Korea in exchange for Kim’s promise to dismantle his nuclear weapons program and allow U.S. inspectors to verify his compliance.

What Kim has done, basically, is render our bases in South Korea useless! North Korea has massive artillery units on the border of the DMZ which can shell Soul and reduce it to rubble.

And they have missiles which (using conventional warheads) could take out our military bases in a matter of minutes.

So, this is all a global chess game — and North Korea has its chess pieces in very strong positions. America is going to have to sacrifice a few pawns, in the form of abandoning our military bases in South Korea in return for the denuclearization of North Korea.

Dismantling North Korea’s weapons program would be done concurrently with the U.S. troop removal, so that both parties can observe each other following the agreement. Kim will even agree to let inspectors come in and verify that he’s complying with the agreement.

But of course, what Kim would actually be doing is secretly shipping most of his missiles and nukes to Russia, knowing he can get them back whenever he wants, because . . . well, hell, it’s Russia and they love the idea of North Korea doing their dirty work if America is ever attacked!

I recently watched a CNN report about how the North Koreans are frequently using large freighters to smuggle things (like coal and oil) in and out of the country — despite the sanctions. This proves they’re skilled at moving massive amounts of material without being detected.

I learned today that we really have no idea how many nukes North Korea has, so if Kim ships half of them out of the country (or just hides them) and lets us see his people dismantling the other half, we won’t even know we’ve been duped!

Meanwhile, Trump would know damn well that Kim was hiding important elements of his nuclear program (both inside North Korea and in Russia). Naturally Kim would also know that Trump could easily bring back American troops to repopulate all the abandoned military bases the instant he wanted to.

So, why should we give in to Kim’s demands if he’s just going to cheat anyway? Well, it buys us some time to prepare for a more desirable solution to this problem.

After Kim cheerfully “proves” he’s no longer building nukes and missiles, the sanctions would be lifted and a new era of prosperity would begin for North Korea. With all this new wealth pouring in after decades of poverty, the North Koreans can triple their military forces within a few years. After all, look at what Kim has been able to accomplish even with all those economic sanctions, while half his population is living in abject poverty!

Meanwhile, they’d be keeping a close eye on South Korea to be sure the Americans are honoring their part of the bargain. Once Kim has established “friendly” relations with South Korea, spying on them would be a walk in the park!

Since Kim has done such a fine job of demonstrating both his ability and his resolve to nuke America, we wouldn’t dare renege on our agreement until we’re sure we could defeat him.

On the other hand, once the trade sanctions have been lifted, North Korea would find it even easier to bring the nukes and missiles BACK from Russia.

All this might take five years or more, and we’ll probably have a new president by the time North Korea finally decides it’s time to invade South Korea. During that time, American intelligence (being nobody’s fool . . . most of the time) have figured out where the North Koreans are secretly reestablishing their nuclear capability in the form of weapons production and missile launch sites.

After pulling out our troops, we would begin heavily subsidizing South Korea, building up their military (and using our old military bases, greatly expanded), so that South Korea ends up much less in need of the presence of the American military!

Kim is well aware of all this, and he knows that if he doesn’t act soon on his invasion plans, South Korea will be too strong for him to defeat, especial in view of the fact that America will rush in to defend South Korea when such an attack begins.

America patiently waits for Kim to finally decide he can succeed in invading South Korea. Since Kim wants to leave as much of South Korea intact as possible because it has vast resources he wants to preserve. Therefore his invasion of South Korea is much less destructive than it would have been under other circumstances. After all, he’s not trying to “defeat an enemy”, he’s trying to “reunify Korea and liberate his brothers in the south”. Rolling Eyes

So, the invasion of South Korea begins — but because South Korea is now much stronger, the invasion is no picnic for North Korea. And America is ready to launch a counter invasion of North Korea, hitting all the known military installations.

In the end, the coalition of the U.S. military and a stronger South Korea succeed in defeating North Korea, and the Korean peninsula is finally reunified, but not the way Kim Jong Un planned! Very Happy

I'm really hoping alltare — a strong supporter of President Trump — will share his thoughts on this matter. It's obvious even to me (a Trump detractor) that this situation was brought about by Trump's strong and vocal defiance of Kim Jong Un!

And I have no doubt that the brutal little North Korean dictator would never have agreed to a meeting with a female American president like Hillary Clinton! Shocked

So . . . credit where credit is due. I'm willing to admit that only Captain Chaos, our illustrious Tweeter in Chief would have the balls to go nose-to-nose with the Little Rocket Man and lure him into a pissing contest that he'll loose if we play our cards right! Very Happy

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
MetroPolly
Space Ranger

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I make it a rule to not get into discussions about religion or politics, however I do have a different angle here.

You may be surprised to hear that in some respects, I hope the country is never united, or at least if it does, the DMZ stays intact. This has nothing to do with politics and everything to do with wildlife.

There's quite a few endangered species hanging on there, included the Red Crowned Crane, which is practically a Korean mascot. There aren't many left anywhere, and the nesting sites are being squished from the south and plundered from the north (for the eggs). The DMZ is one of the few spots they're not bothered.

All I can say is, if someone wants to try and unify the country, I beg them to leave the DMZ as a kind of preserve.
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah-ha! Did I call this one, or what? Here's what the New York Times Reported yesterday (May 3, 2018).

Trump Orders Pentagon to Consider Reducing U.S. Forces in South Korea

By Mark Landler
May 3, 2018

WASHINGTON — President Trump has ordered the Pentagon to prepare options for drawing down American troops in South Korea, just weeks before he holds a landmark meeting with North Korea’s leader, Kim Jong-un, according to several people briefed on the deliberations.

To be fair, CNN announced today that the New York Times story is NOT true . . . which probably means it IS, because something Trump says he won't do one day is sometimes exactly what he does do the next! Laughing

Even Neil Cavuto on Fox News is now saying Trump changes his stories so often that he can't tell the real news from the "fake news" anymore.

Fox News Host Neil Cavuto Tells Trump He Stinks In Fiery Takedown

Cavuto: Is Trump giving the media very real ammunition?

But all that is well established. The point of this thread is not to bash Trump but to blow my own horn by saying "I told you so" concerning my theory that Kim Jong Un is planning to con the U.S. into pulling our troops out of South Korea so he can invade and reunite the Korean peninsula under his wise and benign leadership . . . God help 'em!

I'd hate to see that happen, because I served in South Korea in 1968 as an Air Force Security Policeman, guarding eight Phantom F-4's armed with one B61 nuclear weapon each. I thought they were cool because they looked so much like the rockets from the 1950s! Very Happy

I also had a close relationship with a young lady named Moon Ok Song who — sometime between dinner one evening and breakfast the next morning — took an innocent 20-year-old guy and turned him into a cocky young man. Wink

Ah, but I digress . . .

If you're surprised to hear that fighters like the Phantom F-4 were armed with nukes during the Vietnam war, this article will convince you. Cool

The B61 came about as the result of a need for weapon that could be delivered by high-performance jets. When it was being developed, the F-4 Phantom and other jets capable of hitting Mach 2 were starting to enter service.

Lord knows WHAT the military has in South Korea now, but I'm sure Kim Jong Un would love to have the South Korean bases vacated.

So, as I stated at the beginning of this post, I can't help wondering why CNN, FOX, and MSNBC haven't speculated on the scary idea that a large part of Kim Jong Un's reason for testing missiles and nukes has nothing to do with wanting to "reduce America to ashes", as he threatened to do.

Like a good chess player, he wants break the defenses of his true advisory — South Korea — so he can sweep in and capture the queen!

Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kim Jong Un is now threatening to keep his nukes, even though he previously suggested he wouldn't pursue the nuclear weapons program if he got a good deal from Trump.

The change in Kim's attitude came after Trump asked the Pentagon about pulling American troops out South Korea, but he was talked out of doing it. The pullout is something Kim Jong Un wants, and I continue to maintain that Kim's main reason for developing the nuclear weapons is to scare the U.S. into leaving South Korean.

As I've been saying for months, Kim plans to conquor South Korea and reunited the Korean peninsula. He wants to do it without causing widespread death and destruction, because he does not regard South Korean as enemies, he regards them as "brothers to be liberated".

Keep your eyes on the news. I don't know of any news outlet who have suggested this idea yet, but I sure they will eventually.

But remember, folks . . . you heard it here first on All Sci-Fi! Very Happy

Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: May 25th, 2018

The summit is off because Kim Jong Un called Mike Pence a "political dummy" and it pissed off Trump. So . . . no peace talks.

Listen to this news report which quotes the text of Trump's letter to Kim, which includes more threats of nuclear war.

Kim is manipulating this situation to get what he wants: the removal of American troops from South Korea so he can invade it and reunite the country under his rule.

This is scary stuff, folks. Shocked

Trump Cancels June Singapore Summit With North Korea

Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: June 13th, 2018

Trump told Kim Jong Un that he planned to call off the "provocative" war games held each year between the U.S. and South Korea.

These military exercises are designed to train our troops and the South Korean military to deal with a North Korean invasion. They happen once a year because most U.S. soldiers only serve one-to-two years in South Korea, so new personnel must be periodically trained to deal with a potential invasion by the ruthless and well-armed North Korean military.

I was stationed in South Korea for 13 months in 1968-1969 as an Air Force security policemen, the men who guard the bases that have aircraft armed with nuclear weapons.

That's why Kim keeps saying he wants to "denuclearize the Korean peninsula" . . . not just North Korea, but South Korea, too! He'll obviously make that a condition for his own denuclearization. And ther's a good chance it will work, because even before the summit, Trump has questioned the cost of maintaining those bases!

Meanwhile, Kim Jong Un hasn't even bothered to [i]promise[i/] he'll get rid of his own nukes — and yet Trump is tweeting that North Korea's nuclear threat is over!

Don't get mad at me, folks, please. I'm not arguing politics, I'm just watching a fascinating and dramatic plot carried out by a diabolical 34-year-old dictator who is cleverly planning to get American troops out of South Korea (as part of the deal to ditch his own nukes) so he can invade it and reunite the Korean peninsula.

He's got China and Russia rooting for him, and he's changed President's Trump's attitude from calling Kim "little rocket man" to calling him a "talented and tough leader".

Watch the news, guys. It's Must See TV! Shocked

Custer
Space Sector Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Times yesterday had a photograph of that chubby, renegade leader with the weird haircut meeting Kim Jong-un on the front page. There was just room for a second article, on the way IQ levels seem to be starting to fall, so that the adjacent headline was "Dumb and dumber: why we're getting less intelligent" … coincidence...? Surprised
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kim Jong Un is back to developing new missiles, and there's no hard evidence that he's actually destroyed his nuclear test sites.

Meanwhile, Trump still wants to pull our bases out of South Korea, and rather than have the war games with our SK allies to practice for a NK invasion, Trump is going to spend about the same amount of money on a parade in Washington to glorify himself.

My goodness, we certainly live in interesting times, folks. Rolling Eyes

alltare
Quantum Engineer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's too damned bad that there are so many leftists who would rather take pleasure in seeing Trump fail at overcoming communism and terrorism than encouraging him to continue challenging the despots and dictators of the world.

And yet not a word about the Klinton/Obama/Comey/Strzok attempted coup to usurp the US constitution.
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alltare, it seems like you've misunderstood the subject of this discussion since I first posted it. Sad

You're a respected member of this board, and I'd like to request that you please get into the spirit of this thread. It's not supposed to be about Trump at all. (With that in mind, I'll move Butch's humorous post to the "joke" thread.)

Please forgive me for saying this, but you did the same thing last year when you strongly objected to my thread about how the news media could have easily proved or disproved Summer Servos' claim that Trump molested her. What the reporters should have done was investigate her claims the same way police detectives do when solving a crime.

I was just interested in finding out the truth. I'm sure you're interested in that, too.

It was an intellectual exercise, and I was hoping the members would address it as such. But the only reply was yours . . . when you said you didn't come to this board to discuss politics. Frustrated by that puzzling response, I just deleted the entire thread.

And yet, now your criticizing us because there's . . .

alltare wrote:
. . . not a word about the Klinton/Obama/Comey/Strzok attempted coup to usurp the US constitution.

Alltare, we'd all be interested in hearing what you think about the original premise and the intended subject of this discussion. "Does Kim Jong Un have a master plan?"

Remember, I started this thread by saying:

Think Like a Writer!
alltare
Quantum Engineer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bud-
Exactly! The subject of this thread was originally about KJU and his plans. I mildly disagree with your evaluation, but not enough to get into an argument about it. I agree that he seems to be playing for time, but beyond that, it's anyone's guess.

I have sent you a PM.
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's basically just a fun story idea that might actually be true, Steve. Your PM certainly showed me that we have diametrically opposed opinions of Trump as a man and as a president. We should just leave it at that, I guess.

Permit me to point out, however, that the plan I suggested Kim Un Jong might have is completely independent of who sits in the White House. It's a plan to frighten the world into making it easier for him to invade South Korea.

It is in no way a condemnation of Trump. I'm not suggesting that it might work "because Trump is stupid." I'm suggesting that it might work because Kim isn't just crazy, he's smart and ruthless.

This is, as I said, an intellectual exercise. It's a "what if?" scenario which poses the interesting idea that Kim is using the threat of his missiles to achieve something totally different than his stated objective: "Reduce American to ashes" if we defy him.

Good stories have unexpected twists that surprise the audience/readers. That's why I like this idea. It's good story telling, not politics.

I'll grant the possibility that previous presidents might have been too cautious and diplomatic to take the actions needed to stop Kim, and also that Trump just might be bold enough to do what has to be done, whatever that turns out to be.

With that in mind, what will Trump do to counter the alleged plan I proposed for Kim?

Come on, Steve, play "what if?" with us! Pretend your sitting in the War Room in Washington, right next to General Bud "Bullhorn" Brewster and all Trump's other military advisors.

What are we going to do about Fu Manchu Jong's plan to conquor South Korea? General Brewster has just suggested that we could kidnap Kim and toss him in front that parade being planned in Washington!

But President Trump vetoed that idea because he doesn't want the marching band to trip over the remains.

See how much fun this can be? Very Happy

Now, suggest a more serious idea we can kick around. What do you say, Steve? Very Happy

Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kim Jong Un is still on track to make my imaginative story idea come true. I said in an earlier posts that he would claim to be denuclearizing while actually just hiding the the nukes or moving them out temporarily with the help of Russia and/or China.

A recent report from the media such as the one below from NBC News clearly proves that Kim is dong exactly what I predicted!

As President Donald Trump issues a steady stream of praise for Kim Jong Un in interviews and on Twitter, a steady stream of evidence that North Korea is still making nuclear weapons has pushed his administration to take a much more aggressive stance toward Pyongyang.

The newest intelligence shows Kim's regime has escalated efforts to conceal its nuclear activity, according to three senior U.S. officials. During the three months since the historic Singapore summit and Trump's proclamation that North Korea intends to denuclearize, North Korea has built structures to obscure the entrance to at least one warhead storage facility, according to the officials.

When you combine this with the way he's buttering up Trump with friendly meetings and occasional letters to him, it certainly seems like Kim is trying to persuade our government to make concessions to get North Korea to denuclearize the Korean pennisula . . . both North Korea and South Korea.

That means pulling our own nukes out of South Korea, and perhaps even closing our bases! Kim already persuaded Trump to cancel the U.S / South Korean war games which allowed the two allies to practice working together in case of a North Korean attack.

Of course, now that Kim knows his efforts to hide the storage facility in North Korea isn't working, he'll use the second option I described in one of my initial posts.

Quote:
I recently watched a CNN report about how the North Koreans are frequently using large freighters to smuggle things (like coal and oil) in and out of the country — despite the sanctions. This proves they’re skilled at moving massive amounts of material without being detected.

I learned today that we really have no idea how many nukes North Korea has, so if Kim ships half of them out of the country (or just hides them) and lets us see his people dismantling the other half, we won’t even know we’ve been duped!

So, we know that Kim is serious about wanting to "reunify" the Korean peninsula, but I think it's pretty damn unlikely that he really wants to launch nukes at American cities. He just boasted about doing that when he wanted to scare us enough to give him the concessions he needs.

Think about it. Becoming the president of a reunified Korean peninsula expands his power, his territory, and his wealth. South Korea is very prosperous, and if Kim can turn a democratic country — not to mention a U.S. ally — into a communist country would make the leaders of China and Russia cackle with glee.

Conversely, launching a nuke at anybody at all would just get him clobbered by America and all her allies!

So, which of these two choices is most likely to happen? I think it's pretty obvious.

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: Today I saw a CNN report about the most massive war games conducted since the cold war being conducted jointly between Russia and China. The report showed Putin and Xi Jinping making pancakes together . . . sprinkled with caviar while they toasted each other with shot glasses filled with I-don't-know-what! Shocked

I wonder if IHOP will start offering these unusual pancakes. . .

My point, of course, is that Kim Jong Un wants to have breakfast with Putin and Xi Jinping so he can toast the advancement of communism, the conquest of South Korea, and his victory over the gullible American president who played right into his hands. Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Off-Topic Discussions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: