ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tremors (1990)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 1970 to 2000
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While watching Tremors (again) on this sunny afternoon in April, it occurred to me that there was a way we could explain the manner in which the Graboids moved so quickly through the hard-packed ground of the desert.

It's obvious that any physical manner of propulsion — like the arraignment of black thorn-like projections we're shown all around the bodies of the graboids — couldn't possibly propel those big creatures through the solid ground at the speed we see in the movie.

So, how did the graboids travel like a bat-outta-hell through solid ground, faster than a grown person could run? :shown:

The only explanation I can think of is a form of telekinesis that allows the creatures to physically "movie the dirt out of their way" as they move through it.

In other words, they create open tunnels ahead of them which their thorn-like projections propel them through at a high rate of speed! And these tunnels collapse behind them after the go past!

What to you guys think? Have I solved the problem? Confused

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 1970 to 2000 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: