ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

War of the Worlds - The Musical Drama

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi in Other Audio/Visual Media
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Custer
Space Sector Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:53 pm    Post subject: War of the Worlds - The Musical Drama Reply with quote

Audible have announced the release, on 29th November, of a musical version of a dramatisation of the H. G. Wells novel, using the Jeff Wayne music - not sure if the songs will be included. The running time should be around five hours - but let me quote what Audible say:

Quote:
One of the world’s most recognizable sci-fi stories, H. G. Wells’ The War of the Worlds established numerous conventions for the genre, including the threat of an invasive, extra-terrestrial species, space travel and intergalactic conflict, inspiring directors, gamers, producers and writers alike with its sobering story of struggle and survival.

Marrying the suspense, drama and urgency of Wells’ original novel with Jeff Wayne’s rousing and flamboyant score, Audible’s new and exclusive dramatisation uses action, narration, original music and evocative sound design to immerse listeners in a world that’s as thrilling as it is desolate.

Jeff Wayne’s The War of the Worlds: The Musical Drama stars Michael Sheen, Taron Egerton, Adrian Edmondson, Theo James and Anna-Marie Wayne.

Also featuring: Rachel Atkins, Pippa Bennett-Warner, Josh Bond, Nicholas Boulton, Philip Bulcock, Jessica Dennis, Stephen Fletcher, Pete Gold, David Holt, Roger May, Harry Myers, Richard Reed, Mark Straker, Ben Whitehead and Sarah Whitehouse.

If you are an Audible member, it's one credit... or if not, you could apply for a "trial month" and grab it free, perhaps... Wink
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exciting news!

I have a friend who is recording books for Audible, and he's encouraged me to give it a try. And since my daughter is getting set up to do this in her home as well, I'm tempted to try.

Custer
Space Sector Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Audible sf & fantasy library keeps expanding, thanks to their daily special offers and other limited-time deals... the books work perfectly with an Amazon Echo, of course, as well as plenty of phone and computery ways.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi in Other Audio/Visual Media All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: