ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Alita Battle Angel (2018)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 2011 to 2020
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eadie
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:43 pm    Post subject: Alita Battle Angel (2018) Reply with quote

Alita Battle Angel (2018) is being released today. It stars the lovely Rosa Salazar.

Info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alita:_Battle_Angel

Latest Trailer:

____________________ ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL

Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eadie, I discovered that your Youtube link was to a different movie, so I fixed it. While doing so I want crazy and added the poster and a free upgrade on the trailer format! Cool

Forgive me, I'm just all jazzed up today about finally having All Sci-Fi located on a new and better web host, and I'm excited about Lolita, Warrior Princesses, or whatever this great lookin' movie is called! Laughing

Eadie
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! A new trailer:

______________ Godzilla: King of the Monsters

A scene:

_ ALITA BATTLE ANGEL "Ambush Alley" Clip (2019)

Final U. S. Trailer:

_______ ALITA BATTLE ANGEL Final Trailer (2019)

Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome! Very Happy

As you can see, the first trailer is actually for Godzilla, King of the Monsters. I didn't know which trailer from Alita you meant for it to be, so I just put the Godzilla one there until you give me the right link, and then I'll fix it. Cool

Robert (Butch) Day
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alita: Battle Angel Gets Real World Recreation in Austin, LA, New York

https://variety.com/2019/gaming/news/alita-battle-angel-real-world-1203102400/

_________ Passport to Iron City (Teaser Trailer)

Eadie
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robert Rodriguez Cast A-Lister for Sequel That Might Not Happen The final moments of "Alita: Battle Angel" include an unexpected casting surprise.

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/02/alita-casting-shocker-robert-rodriguez-edward-norton-sequels-1202045545/

Alita: Battle Angel came in ahead of tracking at the box office to deliver a solid $41.7 million over Presidents’ Day Weekend. The opening puts the Robert Rodriguez-directed tentpole on a better course to break even, although it still faces an uphill battle because of its hefty budget of over $170 million. Alita: Battle Angel’s surprise performance means a sequel isn’t entirely out of the question, and Rodriguez has been vocal about making Alita: Battle Angel with hopes for a follow-up movie.

As any moviegoer who has seen Alita: Battle Angel knows, the film ends with a shocking casting reveal: Edward Norton is playing Nova, the villainous scientist in Zalem and the film’s big bad, who is mentioned numerous times but isn’t revealed in person until the final scene. Norton appears for all but ten seconds in Alita: Battle Angel, which is strange for an Oscar-nominated actor of his stature. Norton is not alone, as Michelle Rodriguez and Jai Courtney also appear in small uncredited cameos (Rodriguez is Alita’s mentor Gelda, Courtney is motorball champion Jashugan). Rodriguez says he intentionally lined up the three talents for the sequel, even though a second “Alita” was never guaranteed and remains a question mark.

“There was almost no way to tell this story without including those people,” Rodriguez recently told ComingSoon.net. “You had to get a sense if [Alita: Battle Angel] had been trained before by scenes with the Michelle character, you had to see Gelda at some point. They’re talking about how the game is played, Jashugin is one of the major players. He has a much bigger role later in the books. We didn’t want to just put somebody in. What if there was a sequel? We had to cast three people without really having a part for them to be basing it on to see if they wanted to do it.”

Rodriguez said that because “there was no script for a future one,” the Alita: Battle Angel team decided to go to people who they knew since they had a better chance to land A-listers for cameos if they were already friends with the team. James Cameron is a producer on Alita: Battle Angel and knew Courtney well since the actor appeared in a main role in Terminator Genisys. Rodriguez appeared in Cameron’s Avatar and has worked with Rodriguez multiple times. As for Norton, Rodriguez said he and the Oscar nominee go way back.

“I had known Ed for a long time and Jim knew Ed and had some businesses with him,” Rodriguez said. “He’s really smart like Jim, so we thought, that’s who we need is a mastermind type of guy to play Nova. It’s the promise of a part if there is a sequel, there might not be. If there is a sequel, you don’t want to be roped into something that you’re not going to like, but they knew us enough to trust that we’d make sure it was something cool. That was the challenge of that.”

Mike Cervello
Planetary Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I like about movies are good backstories and self-discovery stories. I am less into the special effects and action where are nothing more than the eye candy of the film. What I like about the Blu-Ray version of Alita The Battle Angel is the extras section with the backstory of how Alita came to be originally over 300 years ago. It’s worth seeing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 2011 to 2020 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: