ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Sci-Fi Radio Programs section is being restored!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:37 pm    Post subject: The Sci-Fi Radio Programs section is being restored! Reply with quote

Today I began repairing our damaged Sci-Fi Radio Programs section, updating the Youtube links that had stopped working.

While doing so I added something wonderful to the post for X Minus One — Mars is Heaven, by Ray Bradbury by including all eight pages of the EC comic of the story!

Here's what I posted. Go to the actually post so you can enjoy this multi-media experience. Very Happy

X Minus OneMars is Heaven by Ray Bradbury

Enjoy the radio version while reading along with the comic book and enjoying the Wally Wood illustrated comic book!

A unique experience you can only get on All Sci-Fi!

Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Sci-Fi Radio Programs section has been fully restored!

There are 122 different programs to enjoy . . . including the one-hour recreations of two 1950 classics (shown below). I have them all downloaded and stored on a flash drive that I can plug into my Blu-ray player and listen to on the stereo in my living room.

Some of the videos have sci-fi "slide shows" that play during the radio program, and having those displaying on my TV while I'm enjoying the programs (and composing posts on All Sci-Fi) is a very enjoyable experience. Cool

Click on the link above and listen to the Caltex Radio Theater presentation of Forbidden Planet from 1959. YouTube provides a slide show of images from the movie, which accompanies the audio.

The video also uses the electronic tonalities of Louis and Bebe Barron throughout the program, providing a strong connection between this version and the classic movie. Very Happy

Sit back, relax, and enjoy the Lux Radio Theater presentation of The Day the Earth Stood Still starring Micheal Rennie, with Jean Peters doing a wonderful job as Helen Benson. It was first aired on January 4, 1954.

The program is one hour long, and this YouTube presentation includes a slide show of pictures from the movie. Paul Frees, the most famous "voice man" from the 1950s, provides the narration.

I listened to it while posting on All Sci-Fi. It was quite a treat. Very Happy

Enjoy!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Contact All Sci-Fi All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: