ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Captain Power and the Soldiers of the Future (1987 - 1988)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi on Television from 1970 to 2000
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pow
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And even though the visuals are not perfect, it astounds me as to how a group of people can all come together and produce such a project without the funding of a film studio or television network!

There are fan produced live action Star Trek episodes online at Youtube. The acting isn't always smooth but the production values are incredible.

They've managed to beautifully recreate the Enterprise's bridge, sickbay, and other sets from the 1966~1969 TV series precisely. Again, no lavish budget from a major studio or network. Blows my mind!
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine, too! And those folks don't have the legal right to sell DVDs of their episodes, so they don't make any money from it!

Pow
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watched a well done 26-minute video on Youtube about the behind-the-scenes challenges and problems during the making of Captain Power. It is under The Futuristic Toy Moms Hated: Popular Science. I found out quite a bit about the troubled history of the production of this marvelous sf TV show. A number of negative factors came together that sunk the show. Some were intended for just that purpose, while others thought they were aiding the series. Alas, yet another wonderful sf TV series that so deserved many more seasons and didn't get it.
Gord Green
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The great thing about this series to me is that I could share it with both of my sons!

We had many fun hours in front of the TV watching the broadcast shows and the pile of VCRs we had. A lot of bonding went on, I'm sure

Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Captain Pow! Cool

I was delighted by what I spotted on the screen at the 23:35 mark when the gentleman on the video said, "People loved the toys. You find message boards FLOODED with fond memories of dads playing together with their kids."

At which point the video cuts to a shot of All Sci-Fi's main menu at the top of this Captain Power thread, then its swoops down to focus on Gord Green's post and my reply below it!

The screenshot below is from the video, and it shows page three of this thread, with Gord's post highlighted by the maker of the YouTube video. Very Happy

______________ The Futuristic Toy Moms HATED

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi on Television from 1970 to 2000 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: