ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TNG episode #26: The Neutral Zone
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Star Trek on Television
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gord Green
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still, If Trelane was a child Q.....He could do just about anything!

Maybe he was a very young Q that we encounter later in ST:TNG !

Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good call, Gord!

Many Trekkers have surmised that Trelane was, at the very least, the inspiration for Q.

And in TNG we see an episode in which Q brings his precocious son to Jean-Luc Picard and begs him to teach him how to be more responsible. This agrees completely with the ending of SOG, when Trelanes parents tell him it's "Time to come in."

His parents also say this. "If you cannot take proper care of your pets, you cannot have them at all. Come along now, Trelane . . . or you'll not be permitted to make any more planets."

So, Trelane was entirely capable of zipping over to "your lively little Earth" (as he called it) just for fun, and he could pick any time period he wanted to "play in".

As I explained to David, the fact that Gothos was 900 light years from Earth is absolutely irrelevant to the century in which the TOS episodes takek place. Frankly I'm puzzled as why he ever tried to connect the two facts. Confused

_________ Star Trek - The Most Dangerous Game

Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pow wrote:
The Romulans were brought back due to the underwhelming response by fans to the new Federation enemies the Ferengi.

Frankly I've always thought the Ferengi were unsuccessful as either foes of the Federation OR as comic characters.

I would argue that a race which was smart enough to possess advanced technology would be smart enough to excel as financial wizards if that was the primary motivation.

Alas, they were just smart-ass little bastard with comical ears.
Rolling Eyes

Pow wrote:
Last episode for Dr.Crusher until she returns in season #3. She is replaced by Dr.Pulaski for season #2.

The writers wanted Pulaski to be similar in nature to the original show's Dr.McCoy by having her character as quaintly cranky. However, she mostly comes off as very acerbic and not likable.

Well, after surprising no one at all by saying I was a Ferengi anti-fan, I might surprise everybody by saying I liked Dr. Pulaski. Her tense interplay with the strong-willed Captain Picard was fun to watch.

She was the one officer on the ship who never had to worry about disagreeing with the captain, because (a) her opinions were based on her specific area of expertise, not on an area they both shared, and (b) she was a doctor, dammit — not one of Picard's junior-grade flunkies! Laughing

In other words, it was the typical "god complex" of a doctor versus the typical "god complex" of a starship captain.
Cool

Pow wrote:
So, if it would be impossible for a highly trained military pilot to become acclimated to the distant future, I have to wonder about these 3 individuals rescued by the Enterprise in TNZ episode?.

Picard was preaching the Roddenberry party line in this episode when he bragged about the 23rd century and criticized the 20th.

He told the rich man from the past that all the wealth he'd left in trust for himself was gone because, "the acquisition of personal wealth is no longer a driving force for humanity".

Oh, brother . . . Rolling Eyes

He also told the man that there was no longer anything like the television programs of the 20th century, because people spent their time "improving themselves."

What a crock of shit THAT was!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Star Trek on Television All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: