ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Crisis on Infinite Earths
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi on Television from 2011 to 2020
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eadie
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucifer's Cameo: A Burning Question Answered, A Watchmen Easter Egg Revealed

https://tvline.com/2019/12/11/lucifer-crisis-on-infinite-earths-cameo-tom-ellis/
Gord Green
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A most interesting aspect of last nights was the reveal that Oliver Queen was resurrected as the SPECTRE, taking the mantel from Jim Corrigan. The SPECTRE has been a major DC character since 1940 having made his debut in MORE FUN COMICS.

Still green....

Eadie
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crisis on Infinite Earths: Part 2 Promo | The CW:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xp5ZfE07Z7Y&feature=emb_logo
Pow
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been enjoying COIE with a few exceptions.

1.) Magical elements mixed in with science fiction has always bugged me. I don't feel that the genres blend well at all. One is supernatural and the other is science.

Kinda like having I Dream of Jeannie as part of the crew of the star ship Enterprise. Comes off as absurd.

2.) The cosmic treadmill powering the anti-matter power core. The treadmill concept was rather foolish back in the classic George Perez COIE miniseries. The idea needed to be updated and not carried over to the CW miniseries.

However, with a production this immense nobody is going to love every aspect of it.
Eadie
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parts 4 & 5 Trailer Teases an Ending to End All Endings]

https://collider.com/crisis-on-infinite-earths-part-4-and-5-trailer/

There are only a few days left until the final chapters in the epic Crisis on Infinite Earths crossover event air on the CW. Ahead of the big event, Arrowverse alum and Crisis star Stephen Amell shared the final trailer for parts 4 and 5. If there is one thing we can glean from this trailer, it’s going to be an epic showdown to the very end between our favorite Arrowverse heroes and their ultimate enemy, the Anti-Monitor.

After three harrowing and exciting episodes of Crisis on Infinite Earths, things will come to a conclusion Tuesday, January 14 with parts four and five. As teased in the trailer, the Arrowverse team of heroes that has made it this far but they still have a long way to go before they can bring back their loved ones. The final team left standing as we head into parts four and five includes the Green Arrow (Amell), Supergirl (Melissa Benoist), The Flash (Grant Gustin), White Canary (Caity Lotz), Batwoman (Ruby Rose), and J’onn J’onzz (David Harewood) — and they all look ready to kick ass. It won’t be easy as they face off against the very immortal and very freaky Anti-Monitor and his ghoulish army.

The final Crisis on Infinite Earths episodes will kick off new seasons for each of the Arrowverse shows (save Arrow, which is coming to an end). How this crossover event concludes will determine the events of each respective Arrowverse show, so expect some big surprises as the story reaches its final destination.

Crisis on Infinite Earths concludes on January 14. Arrow will air Crisis on Infinite Earths: Part Four at 8/7c and DC’s Legends of Tomorrow will air Crisis on Infinite Earths: Part Five at 9/8c.

Crisis on Infinite Earths Parts 4 & 5 Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5n7vU90j-o

Eadie
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*SPOILER ALERT*

How They Pulled Off The Ezra Miller Cameo

https://variety.com/2020/tv/features/crisis-on-infinite-earths-ezra-miller-cameo-marc-guggenheim-interview-1203467952/

The “Arrowverse” saved its biggest surprises for the final two hours: TV’s Barry Allen (played by Grant Gustin) met big-screen Barry Allen (played by Ezra Miller).

But that wasn’t all, as the five-hour event concluded with the death of Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell), whose Green Arrow kicked off the DC franchise on the CW, and the multiverse combined into an Earth Prime.

“We knew from last year, quite frankly, that we were going to merge and create Earth CW,” “Arrowverse” executive producer Marc Guggenheim said. “But Earth Prime sounds better. So all the CW shows will be on the same earth.”

Here, Guggenheim talks with Variety about how the “Arrowverse” brought Miller to the DC/CW universe, killing off Oliver (twice), and rebooting the shows.

There has been a fairly strict separation of the DC film and television world. How were you able to combine the two with Miller’s cameo?

We were series wrapped on Arrow, and we were wrapped on the whole crossover. We were in post and some episodes were locked, and some were soft-locked. I got a phone call from [Warner Bros. boss] Peter Roth saying, “I know you’re locked, but can you put Ezra into the crossover?” And I said, “Yes.” And he said, “How, you’re series wrapped? And you’re wrapped on the crossover.” And I said, “Yeah, I know, but if you’re telling me Ezra Miller can be in the crossover, I can make it happen.” I called Eric Wallace who who is the showrunner of The Flash, and he called up Grant Gustin — because the one thing that was our only concern was the thought we didn’t want to do it unless Grant was 100 percent on-board with it. And he was. He was incredibly enthusiastic and on-board with it. And then we got on the phone with Ezra Miller and told him the scene I had written and he was completely into it. And we just went. We put together a unit of The Flash crew on The Flash set [since Arrow’s team, which had produced the rest of the hour, was gone]. And much to our surprise, no one noticed Ezra Miller was in Vancouver and no one leaked it from the crew, which we appreciate. So we were able to keep it a surprise.

Combing the multiverse made it so there was only one version of each hero left. Does that mean that Miller’s Flash no longer exists in the DC television world?

I will leave that question to Warner Bros. and DC. They have a wonderful vision for not just Ezra’s Flash, but also the entire DC universe. Jim Lee is the man to talk to.

Oliver ended up dying twice over the course of the crossover. What led to the decision to pull that figurative trigger twice?

The creative behind it was we were faced with the question of how do we surprise the audience when we spoiled the story [a year ago]. The creative conversations were pretty simple. I shared that plan with [executive producer] Greg Berlanti, who was into it. And then I pitched it to Stephen, and Stephen and I have been talking about, for years, that the end of the Arrow story is [Oliver’s] death. And we’ve always been on the same page. I think he enjoyed:
A) the opportunity to play two death scenes and
B) the creative sleight of hand in terms of surprising the audience.
That’s the other thing that Stephen and I have always agreed on: surprising the audience with the unexpected. So it just made sense. The only lingering question was if we kill off Oliver in [Arrow] Season 8 Episode 8, what’s the series finale? And we had a plan for that as well.

The introduction of Earth Prime has led to new changes, like baby Sara’s return, Lex Luthor a hero, etc. How will the shows be handling the reveal of the differences going forward? And for a character like Laurel (Katie Cassidy), whose Earth-1 Laurel was killed and has been playing Earth-2 over the past few years, which version is left?

Certainly the question of which Laurel is left is going to be answered very definitively in [Arrow’s] Season 8 Episode 9. But the explanation for the result is given very strong in Episode 10. We went into the crossover knowing we would end with the combing of the Earth, and the reboot of the universe. And the way we sort of saw that there is an opportunity going forward after Crisis on Infinite Earths to slowly reveal all of the weird changes. [Arrow showrunner] Beth Schwartz and I went into the crossover knowing in the final episode that we wanted to reveal that baby Sara, who was eliminated in Flashpoint, was returned to the timeline. That was very important to us. We had actually considered doing it after Elseworlds last year, actually, but thought it had more punch if it was a part of the universal reboot of Crisis on Infinite Earths.”

Lex seems to be a wild card, and now he has history with characters from all of the “Arrowverse” shows. What’s next for him?

That’s really a question for the Supergirl showrunners. I went to them, I said we’re going to do a reboot, we’re going to combine the universes, anything you want to introduce to your shows, now is a really, really good time. And this was something that [Supergirl showrunners] Robert Rovner and Jessica Queller came back with. We were all really excited about it.

The “Arrowverse” characters have long been interconnected, but now they’re all residing on the same Earth. How does that change the stakes for things going forward when the shows have to remain quasi-separate?

I think the Marvel [film] universe deals with it every time[, too,] like in Iron Man 3 — why doesn’t Tony Stark call upon the Avengers? We’ve had this issue ever since we introduced Flash into the “Arrowverse.” Why doesn’t Oliver call upon his super-powered friends? The way we tend to solve that problem, historically — and I don’t think this will change post-Crisis on Infinite Earths — is when it’s appropriate, story-wise, and doesn’t feel like a departure we’ll mention, “Why don’t you call in [another hero]” and give an explanation.

The very end of the crossover hinted at the introduction of Gleek and the Wonder Twins. Is that something that fans can look forward to on Dc's Legends of Tomorrow, the next crossover or sometime to be determined?

To be determined. That was something where we knew we wanted to end with that fun bit. There were early versions of the draft that had the Wonder Twins actually in it. I consider the Wonder Twins kind of a jump ball: We’ll see what show wants to grab it.

Mike Cervello
Planetary Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you saw the end of this crossover event this week, many of the multi-Earths were eliminated and turned into Earth-Prime. That paved the way for CW to create a Justice League composed of Superman, Supergirl, The Flash, Batwoman, Martian Manhunter, Black Lightening, and the Legends of Tomorrow. At some point, they will no doubt add in Green Arrow’s daughter who is the new Green Arrow and The Canaries who are getting their own show on CW. Star girl will end up in another parallel Earth.
Mike Cervello
Planetary Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone else see Ezra Miller’s Justice League Flash cameo with CWTVs Flash?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi on Television from 2011 to 2020 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: