ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Does anybody know of a blog that covers future technologies?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maximum7
Junior Crewman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:42 pm    Post subject: Does anybody know of a blog that covers future technologies? Reply with quote

I’m looking for a blog that every week (or every month) covers a new future/ sci fi tech idea or science or concept. I already watch Isaac Arthur and John Michael Godier but I’m looking for something I can read. The more obscure the blog the better. It just has to post consistently and be ongoing as of August 2019.
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to find a blog like that, Max, but I've never seen one like you're describing. When I want to find something new for the Science now, add Fiction later forum, I just Google subjects like "science news" or "new technological discovers".

But we'll be on the lookout for such a Blog and post any results here. Very Happy

Maximum7
Junior Crewman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bud Brewster wrote:
I'd love to find a blog like that, Max, but I've never seen one like you're describing. When I want to find something new for the Science now, add Fiction later forum, I just Google subjects like "science news" or "new technological discovers".

But we'll be on the lookout for such a Blog and post any results here. Very Happy

Thank you so much!!!
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You very welcome, sir! Very Happy

And by Jiminy, I found one that we all might like! It goes by the name shown below —

— which certainly leaves no doubt that we're on the right track! Very Happy

I like the way the main page is organized. Just as we do right here on All Sci-Fi, it isn't too cluttered and it's very easy to understand. Click on the logo above and take a look at it, folks! Wink

Here's a sample of the articles it offers.

___ In a quantum future, which starship destroys the other?

_________

Maximum7
Junior Crewman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bud Brewster wrote:
You very welcome, sir! Very Happy

And by Jiminy, I found one that we all might like! It goes by the name shown below —

— which certainly leaves no doubt that we're on the right track! Very Happy

I like the way the main page is organized. Just as we do right here on All Sci-Fi, it isn't too cluttered and it's very easy to understand. Click on the logo above and take a look at it, folks! Wink

Here's a sample of the articles it offers.

___ In a quantum future, which starship destroys the other?

_________

Wow cool. I haven’t found this one. It focuses mostly on topical science (present science) but some articles like (ironically the one you linked) have a futurism edge. It’s a great start. I really appreciate it! I’m going to go through all the posts. Smile
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maximum7 wrote:
It focuses mostly on topical science (present science) but some articles like (ironically the one you linked) have a futurism edge. It’s a great start. I really appreciate it! I’m going to go through all the posts. Smile

Right, I caught that too, but I realized it gave us a start, so I posted the reply to encourage our members to "support the cause"! Very Happy

What All Sci-Fi needs is more posts that demonstrate imaginative ideas based on futuristic concepts. We've got the people here who can do it, so we just need the "seeds" to stimulate their thinking!

Hopefully we'll get more concepts like you presented, and more websites that provide us with new ideas. We need to all "think outside the box" and do what Larry Niven has suggested: Play with ideas! Cool

Just to illustrate what I mean, what if there was a planet where chickens evolve intelligence, and humans were just dumb clucks who were only good for food? Shocked

In what ways would things be dramatically different . . . and in what ways would they be the same?

Watch this amazing video from the alternate reality in which Trump is the U.S. president on the Chicken Planet!
Shocked

_ Donald Trump 2015 debate saturday night live parody

Maximum7
Junior Crewman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bud Brewster wrote:
Maximum7 wrote:
It focuses mostly on topical science (present science) but some articles like (ironically the one you linked) have a futurism edge. It’s a great start. I really appreciate it! I’m going to go through all the posts. Smile

Right, I caught that too, but I realized it gave us a start, so I posted the reply to encourage our members to "support the cause"! Very Happy

What All Sci-Fi needs is more posts that demonstrate imaginative ideas based on futuristic concepts. We've got the people here who can do it, so we just need the "seeds" to stimulate their thinking!

Hopefully we'll get more concepts like you presented, and more websites that provide us with new ideas. We need to all "think outside the box" and do what Larry Niven has suggested: Play with ideas! Cool

Just to illustrate what I mean, what if there was a planet where chickens evolve intelligence, and humans were just dumb clucks who were only good for food? Shocked

In what ways would things be dramatically different . . . and in what ways would they be the same?

Watch this amazing video from the alternate reality in which Trump is the U.S. president on the Chicken Planet!
Shocked

_ Donald Trump 2015 debate saturday night live parody

LMAO. Love the video Bud. Thanks so much!!!!
Gord Green
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may help a bit in your search. Here is a list of links to various sci-fi blogs and sites. It even lists ASF, although it is a bad link (Possibly Bud could get that corrected!)
Good luck!

http://www.meet-matt-browne.com/main-more-scifi.html
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, Allscifi.com is not our URL, it's the URL to another website that no longer seems to be active.

Our URL is Allsci-fi.com (with a dash between sci and fi). Very Happy

Maximum7
Junior Crewman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gord Green wrote:
This may help a bit in your search. Here is a list of links to various sci-fi blogs and sites. It even lists ASF, although it is a bad link (Possibly Bud could get that corrected!)
Good luck!

http://www.meet-matt-browne.com/main-more-scifi.html

Thanks!! This listing is HUGE though and doesn’t have a single site that does a Sci-Fi Tech of the Week. 🤣
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Contact All Sci-Fi All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: