ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Black Widow (2020)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 2011 to 2020
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike Cervello
Planetary Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:07 pm    Post subject: Black Widow (2020) Reply with quote

https://youtu.be/oalcot1zSUg
Mike Cervello
Planetary Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New trailer.

https://youtu.be/_1eykFE1fSA
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YouTube has several trailers with different names and different thumbnails from the one Mike posted, but this one doesn't start off the same, so I'm hoping the one below is a different one.

IMDB says the expected release date is May 1, 2020.

The cast list includes this:

Robert Downey Jr. ... Tony Stark (rumored)

So, we might see Tony, but he retired Iron Man, didn't he? )Well, you never really know, huh?) Then again, this appears to be a prequel. IMDB describes the plot this way.

At birth the Black Widow (aka Natasha Romanova) is given to the KGB, which grooms her to become its ultimate operative. When the U.S.S.R. breaks up, the government tries to kill her as the action moves to present-day New York, where she is a freelance operative. The standalone film will find Romanoff living in the United States 15 years after the fall of the Soviet Union.

But that raises the question of how they'll make Robert Downey Jr. look young again. CGI maybe? That's getting popular these days.

And on that subject, the lovely Scarlett Johansson is only 35 and still stopping traffic with that gorgeous face, so I guess she'll have no trouble looking like she did in 2006 (when she was 22 years old). The Soviet Union fell on December 26, 1991, so "15 years after the fall . . . " would be 2006.

The cast also includes Rachel Weisz as "Melina Vostokoff". Miss Weisz playing a Russian with her lovely British accent seems odd, but she is after all actress, so she'll pull if off (I hope).

But Rachel is 14 years older than Scarlett, and when I saw her in Fred Claus (2007) recently, I was a bit surprised by the fact that she didn't seem quite as attractive as she did in The Mummy Returns, and that was just six years earlier.

But heck, she's 49 years old now, and looking fairly good for her age, I reckon. Very Happy

_________ BLACK WIDOW Official Trailer (2020)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 2011 to 2020 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: