ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FETV - A great channel for classic TV series!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> TV Shows in Other Genres
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:11 pm    Post subject: FETV - A great channel for classic TV series! Reply with quote

Recently I've been enjoying several vintage TV shows on this wonderful channel.

Their daily schedule is composed of multiple episodes from various series, some of which are shows I enjoyed in the 1950s and 1960s.

The ones I've been watching today have all been Westerns, including Tombstone Territory, Bat Materson, Wagon Train and The Lone Ranger.

I'm sure they aren't playing the full episodes — but they're editing them so careful it's hard to spot the missing scenes. We get to see the pre-credit openings, the prologues, and the closing credits — full screen, not a squeezed window below a commercial! Rolling Eyes

The really good news is that FETV doesn't do that despicable practice that TV Land is guilty of — zooming in on shows with a 4:3 image so that it fills modern televisions screens, cropping off the top and bottom of the image! Shocked

Other series that they air include The Wild, Wild West, Matlock, The Saint, Perry Mason, Leave it to Beaver, and — believe it or not — Hazel, which is a much funnier comedy than I remembered it as.

I checked their website, and currently they only list 23 different series, 10 of which are sitcoms from the 1960s and 1970s.

I'm hoping they'll eventually add more classic series, including a few science fiction shows. Their "About Us" page includes this statement.

We invite you to check out our growing library of video assets. From show promos to station identifications, we will periodically update content with fresh, new material.

So, I'm pleased to report that FETV is doing a good job of presenting beloved programs to folks who still remember the Good Old Days. Very Happy

_____________Happy Thanksgiving from FETV!

_____ Merry Christmas from your friends at FETV!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> TV Shows in Other Genres All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: